cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus sensor disconnects are back?

RedRizla
Honored Visionary
I have just noticed my Oculus sensor disconnects are back and it happening every 20 to 60 seconds. Whats are Oculus doing to fix the issues with Usb disconnect problems? This problem has gone on for months now without a proper fix.
27 REPLIES 27

LZoltowski
Champion
Not sure if this will help people

But I noticed for some reason recent windows update has reset my power management settings for USB Controllers, I noticed this once trying to troubleshoot another unrelated issue:

7ip2r60ouxcm.png

I always left it unticked, but it was ticked again.

It also reset this

7ov48uy6ftuq.png

I had it disabled

Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

ParadiseDecay
Rising Star
I didn't know about that last USB power setting... I'll give that a try
☆ YouTube 'Content Creator' and 'Steam Curator' ( https://www.youtube.com/user/ParadiseDecay ) ☆ Devs! I'm always on the look out for new and interesting VR experiences! ☆ Oculus Rift CV1 ☆ Windows 10, 64 bit ☆ Intel Core i7-3770 ☆ 16.0GB Ram ☆ GeForce GTX 1060

ftonin
Honored Guest
I have the same issue and reading the forums I have put together a list of about 15 ways that may or may not fix the issue.

The main problem is that the issue is very erratic. Sometimes you can go for three days without disconnects. Then they start again, you try everything you can think of and then the disconnects stop. You think you have done something that fixed the problem but that may not be the case. You might just be lucky for the next three days: it has nothing to do with all the tricks you played with drivers and reboots.

As far as I know my list of 15 trick so solve the issue could be totally bogus.

Also, lots of people don't wait a long time before posting that they solved the problem and describing their own "trick". Maybe the disconnects restarted a week later and we will never know.

What I am trying to say is that we don't have a good chance of finding a solution because the problem is too erratic... it makes testing impossible.

betc
Protege
i have had the same experience ftonin, i can go weeks with no disconnects, and then bam, they start again

ParadiseDecay
Rising Star

But I noticed for some reason recent windows update has reset my power management settings for USB Controllers, I noticed this once trying to troubleshoot another unrelated issue:

7ip2r60ouxcm.png

It also reset this

7ov48uy6ftuq.png

I had it disabled

ILZoltowski said:

7ip2r60ouxcm.png

It also reset this

7ov48uy6ftuq.png

I had it disabled

didn't kLZoltowski said:

7ip2r60ouxcm.png

It also reset this

7ov48uy6ftuq.png

I had it disabled

I didn't know about that last USB power setting... I'll give that a try.
☆ YouTube 'Content Creator' and 'Steam Curator' ( https://www.youtube.com/user/ParadiseDecay ) ☆ Devs! I'm always on the look out for new and interesting VR experiences! ☆ Oculus Rift CV1 ☆ Windows 10, 64 bit ☆ Intel Core i7-3770 ☆ 16.0GB Ram ☆ GeForce GTX 1060

ParadiseDecay
Rising Star
Well after a month of being trouble free and having a smooth Oculus Experience, my disconnects are back, and it seems to be since the latest Oculus touch update.
I don't have touch an all my USB power settings are still set to off or disabled. 

I don't understand why after all this time it's started playing up again? Nothing has changed on my PC.

Any idea's?
I'm about ready for a refund, I'm sick of this nonsense!

flynsqrl
Explorer
I can confirm the sensor disconnects are back as well.  Everything was working great for about 1-2 months.  It was solid, I could take off the Rift and come back after a few minutes and no issues.  Now I get sensor disconnects when I take the Rift off.  I just don't see how this could be hardware related, it must be a software or driver issue.  It is really frustrating having this resurface again.

Maxxgold
Rising Star
Just to chime in here because I have had these same problems. What fixed it for me was buying the Inateck Card and using the latest drivers  https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/56g5aj/new_fresco_logic_drivers_released_september_seem/

Before that, I would just use the windows drivers. I would just ignore the warnings in Oculus Devices, and everything worked.

I tried turning off the power saving settings for each USB hub, and to be honest I think it is just a waste of time. For me at least, If it works for you then by all means try it. 

To be fair, I have everything disconnected on my PC, except for devices I absolutely need, while using VR. That should be the first thing you do when these issues pop up. Remove all non essential USB devices. You should also make sure windows and your drivers are up to date. Windows just had a release yesterday(Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1607 for x64-based Systems (KB3201845)).

I updated and I am having no issues with the latest update.

VRoaaar
Protege
Run Oculus setup again and choose Repair. Then disable all power save settings as mentioned above and reboot. That helped in my case.

TC1999
Adventurer
I had the sensor issue after update 1.7 and then it went away after the update fix. It reappeared after update 1.9 or 1.10 so I did a fresh install and still the sensor would say not connected when I took the headset off. 

It did this on my Intel usb ports and the inateck card. 

However after my touch arrived and i installed the second sensor the issue has gone away. Just so you know I did a re-fresh of windows 10 and then installed everything from scratch, no changes to any of the usb power management settings on the hubs or power plan. 

With both sensors connected I've not had a single issue with the headset on or off (regarding the sensor issue). 

Sadly the sting in the tail of this story is I've had to return my rift due to hdmi not connected hardware issue, but I did manage to have four days or joy with the touch. 

Hopefully when my replacement unit arrives no more sensor or hdmi issues, please.