cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guardian Boundary: Can we clean it up?

Maxxgold
Rising Star
I have a nice 11' x 9' play space marked out and working correctly with the Guardian Boundary, but it looks fuggly as hell. The walls and the floor boundary are literally where I moved around my room. I just want a nice precise rectangle for my setup. When it maps out your free space, Guardian puts a nice rectangle over your play space, but it doesn't use the nice rectangle once you start playing. I want to look at a clean wall and floor boundary, but instead my wall goes in an out, and the floor boundary matches it.
13 REPLIES 13

RPLavatar
Honored Guest
I did it quick on the fly just to get set up and was having trouble finding a way to adjust it. Here is a link to guardian set up.   https://support.oculus.com/help/oculus/1444824335542717

KevinLongtime
Heroic Explorer
Personally I like how the boundary system isn't a solid straight wall. It gives me a better idea of what I'm near in my room. Specifically its very helpfull to know when im by the curve in the left corner being my pc that I don't want to punch.

inovator
Consultant
It's fantastic how it will outline irregular areas. that increased my play area to optimal. vive can't do that at this time.

Litespeed
Heroic Explorer
I really would like to have the option to use the clean rectangle instead of the "hand-drawn" wall.

Also it would be great to be able to specify at what distance the guardian wall becomes visible. Compared to Steam's Chaperone the distance is shorter so it only pops up when really close. The Chaperone wall fades in more gradually but starts to appear earlier.

I like the gradual fade-in of the chaperone more but the shorter guardian distance is probably better for small areas.

I guess the best solution would be to have a slider to modify the activation distance.