cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Your First Medium Sculpts!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will get this going! 

Just went through the tutorial, the UI is sooo easy to use, picked it up right away. I do have experience with 3D in Maya but still!

Here is my first sculpt, took me about an hour to do 🙂 

s4bcf0vpu9h3.jpg
772 REPLIES 772

TrancerSpacey
Protege

FrozenPea said:

@TrancerSpacey That's amazing! You should try painting it!  :#

Thank you! I work as freelance illustrator and I have the same thoughts. With Medium I can very easy develop characters and can study them in every perspective, which makes drawing and painting hopefully a lot easier.
I'm so excited and it makes so much fun to work with Medium. Even for this app, buying Rift and Touch was totally worth it! 🙂

And by the way, this is basically my first 3D-Sculpting attempt. I have not practiced it before. (My very first trys on Commodore Amiga 500 in 1991 do not count. :-D)

I just did some Medium tutorials, doodled around tonight and this is what happened. 🙂q9gfno97wcan.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Seconds from me.
52yyotgxyts4.png81yban4lkbqu.png

KevinLongtime
Heroic Explorer
Oculus makes me proud. Look at all this fine art coming out!

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant

FrozenPea said:

@TrancerSpacey That's amazing! You should try painting it!  :#

Thank you! I work as freelance illustrator and I have the same thoughts. With Medium I can develop characters and can study them in every perspective, which makes drawing and painting hopefully a lot easier.
I'm so excited and it makes! so much fun to work with Medium. Even for this app, buying Rift and Touch was totally worth it! 🙂

And by the way, this is basically my first 3D-Sculpting attempt. I have never done it bevore. (My very first trys on Commodore Amiga 500 in 1991 do not count. :-D)

That's interesting. When I saw your post, I figured you had experience with zbrush or sculptris or something. I'm guessing Medium will serve as a gateway drug to bring a lot of traditional artists into the digital sculpting world. Up til now there's always been a heavy interface learning curve as a barrier to entry.

TrancerSpacey
Protege

P3nT4gR4m said:

That's interesting. When I saw your post, I figured you had experience with zbrush or sculptris or something. I'm guessing Medium will serve as a gateway drug to bring a lot of traditional artists into the digital sculpting world. Up til now there's always been a heavy interface learning curve as a barrier to entry.

No, I know ZBrush and that stuff only by name. Never worked with it or tried it. I downloaded Blender just to store it on my harddrive. 😄  

But now I think I should try to learn Blender to rig and pose my stuff. I hope these things will be implemented in Medium in future releases.

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant

But now I think I should try to learn Blender to rig and pose my stuff. I hope these things will be implemented in Medium in future releases.

To be fair, rigging is probably best left in blender, along with the intermediate retopology step. You probably could work out a way to do this in medium but I reckon it'd be a total pain in the arse (even more so than in blender)

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant

Seconds from me.
52yyotgxyts4.png81yban4lkbqu.png

Damn fine sculpt. If you're doing seconds I'm doing thirds. I'll race ya :dizzy:

rkjst1lacd84.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thirds also :smiley:

dkhz4lu5i74s.png

duncankeller
Protege

New sculpt. This one 30min.
0wpxyksq6tgp.jpg
Lathe here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/baw535ktnzqej9h/girlcat.mp4

Ahhh! I love it!!! 

P3nT4gR4m