cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Medium Releases & Updates

naycorn
Heroic Explorer
Welcome to Oculus Medium! Medium uses Touch controllers to let you sculpt, model, paint, and play in virtual reality.

Please post all questions and feedback to this forum. 

You can share your sculpts with us! Find the Medium team @OculusMedium on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Happy sculpting!

Latest Update: 

Medium 2.3.3 Release Notes

km9xq0tlhhdu.png

Fixes:

• Fixed an occasional crash when selecting a Scene Graph node that didn't have an action menu (ie. the Grid node)

258 REPLIES 258

kornykidd0
Explorer
FIXED IT! The problem both for Quill AND Medium was that I was running MSI Afterburner and RivaTuner as I normally do. They were causing a negative interaction with both of these programs and causing the massive stuttering and artifacting in Quill and the OpenGL error code and game crash of Medium. If you've got these issues, and you run Afterburner and RivaTuner, quit the programs and the games will run! SCORE! I've tested both games turning the programs on and off, problems come back when Afterburner and Riva are running, and go away when quit. Phew. 

narsh
Honored Guest

FIXED IT! The problem both for Quill AND Medium was that I was running MSI Afterburner and RivaTuner as I normally do. They were causing a negative interaction with both of these programs and causing the massive stuttering and artifacting in Quill and the OpenGL error code and game crash of Medium. If you've got these issues, and you run Afterburner and RivaTuner, quit the programs and the games will run! SCORE! I've tested both games turning the programs on and off, problems come back when Afterburner and Riva are running, and go away when quit. Phew. 

Nice!  Fixed for me as well.  Afterburner and Riva were the problem.  Thanks for the help.

YoLolo69
Trustee
Didn't tried Medium yet (Touch land in 10 days). My monitor will stay a "Generic PnP" in device manager as it's an LCD FullHD TV without any drivers (obviously). I hope this problem will be fixed...

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

msm903
Protege
for me disabling Afterburner worked also. I just need to remember to turn it back on after I am done.

Ybalrid
Expert Protege
One good thing is that even if you close Afterburner your overclock will still be applied
CV1+Touch; Running on GTX980 - 4770K - 32GB DDR3 Developer at LIV

Flausn
Expert Protege
some bugs here too....but its so awesome i love this and the touch controllers ....thank you guys. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

YoLolo69 said:

Didn't tried Medium yet (Touch land in 10 days). My monitor will stay a "Generic PnP" in device manager as it's an LCD FullHD TV without any drivers (obviously). I hope this problem will be fixed...

Yes, this will be fixed in an upcoming release.

Ybalrid
Expert Protege
I'm not really a creative person. I can model things with polygons in blender, I tried 3D sculpting software before (sculptris, a free things from the guys that do zbrush I think) and I was hopeless with that ^^"

Medium, on the other hand feels a lot more natural. Probably because you're joust doing stuff with your hands and you can 1:1 move and scale stuff and you're in front of your model, like you are manipulating actual "digital" clay. I have to put some time into it but just messing around with it is quite fun. Glad you put it free after Touch activation (same goes for Quill but I'm less exited about drawing, I want to output 3D models of this thing, and maybe print them or use them in VR content!)
CV1+Touch; Running on GTX980 - 4770K - 32GB DDR3 Developer at LIV

Lemming1970
Rising Star

msm903 said:

for me disabling Afterburner worked also. I just need to remember to turn it back on after I am done.

Same here.
Modded Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos/1000W Corsair HX Series i7 6700k o/c to 4.7ghz Corsair H100i water cooler. Zotac 1080Ti 16 gb DDR4 o/c to 3000mhz Predator XB271HU 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz

Dumbunny
Honored Guest

Thx, Turning off Afterburner fixed the problem for me. Medium is awesome!!!