cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Your First Medium Sculpts!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will get this going! 

Just went through the tutorial, the UI is sooo easy to use, picked it up right away. I do have experience with 3D in Maya but still!

Here is my first sculpt, took me about an hour to do 🙂 

s4bcf0vpu9h3.jpg
772 REPLIES 772

AdKiuCM
Expert Protege
WOW at some guys. I can already picture new creepy games with models created in Medium.

This shit is soooo intuitive I could not believe it. I played 2h today and made multiple simple sculptures testing tools and options, but didn't save any.

I cannot wait for a similar software for Mechanical Engineers :). Something like SolidWorks in VR with touch.

Also Medium makes me want to by a 3D printer 🙂 Never been so excited about a piece of graphical software.

vannagirl
Consultant

Fun even for the artfully challenged.
u6hehb8to5zl.jpg

we all adore the artfully challenged 😛
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

vannagirl
Consultant

New sculpt. This one 30min.
0wpxyksq6tgp.jpg
Lathe here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/baw535ktnzqej9h/girlcat.mp4

you are talented Señor

Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Fourths! Right, I'm stopping now. Need to eat and stuff.

72rqr9beuss5.png

Johnny3D
Protege
A work in progress. I'm really loving working in Medium so far. Seems the perfect way to model. Can't wait to see what the future brings with modeling in VR and Medium.bcycd9pln5bx.jpg

jmalmsten
Adventurer
ok. I'm starting to get a hang of the whole material and paint-side of things... Though... while I spent a couple of hours with this one and I tried both normal, metal and emitting... I still can't seem to find a way to put real lights in there. Maybe I'm looking for something that isn't there?

2ik79yr5hdcw.png

Oh, and I have a few suggestions... I'll type them out in a feature-request thread.  But one of them is a simple one regarding the picture-renderer. I would love to have a lesser field of view (aka more zoomed in) lens. To basically give more options during rendering these tests because some models really don't lend themselves to the super-wide-angle.

MrSpoony
Explorer

Bankie said:

gt7xae7af2ap.jpg

Got my Touch controllers today, and it's clear to see where my talents lie (clue: elsewhere).

"Please killlll meeeeeeee!"
Haha, just kidding mate 🙂 I really should give this a go sometime but I'm sure my efforts really will try to kill themselves!

smangini
Explorer

But one of them is a simple one regarding the picture-renderer. I would love to have a lesser field of view (aka more zoomed in) lens. To basically give more options during rendering these tests because some models really don't lend themselves to the super-wide-angle.

With the Photo mode active, press A (current tool menu) - there are options for modifying the photo.

cybereality
Grand Champion
Love this thread. Made it an announcement.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Anonymous
Not applicable

P3nT4gR4m said:

oh, and .... fourths 🙂bt8vk5tg6dnm.png

Fourth it is ... and snap...

3o9ld7omi8rj.png