Post Your First Medium Sculpts! - Page 3 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Post Your First Medium Sculpts!

Comments

• vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 2,002 Valuable Player
    Fun even for the artfully challenged.

we all adore the artfully challenged :P
    Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
  • vannagirlvannagirl Posts: 2,002 Valuable Player
    New sculpt. This one 30min.

Lathe here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/baw535ktnzqej9h/girlcat.mp4
    you are talented Señor

Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 
  • P3nT4gR4mP3nT4gR4m Posts: 1,701 Valuable Player
    Fourths! Right, I'm stopping now. Need to eat and stuff.

• jmalmstenjmalmsten Posts: 69
    Hiro Protagonist
    ok. I'm starting to get a hang of the whole material and paint-side of things... Though... while I spent a couple of hours with this one and I tried both normal, metal and emitting... I still can't seem to find a way to put real lights in there. Maybe I'm looking for something that isn't there?

Oh, and I have a few suggestions... I'll type them out in a feature-request thread.  But one of them is a simple one regarding the picture-renderer. I would love to have a lesser field of view (aka more zoomed in) lens. To basically give more options during rendering these tests because some models really don't lend themselves to the super-wide-angle.
  • MrSpoonyMrSpoony Posts: 23
    NerveGear
    Bankie said:

Got my Touch controllers today, and it's clear to see where my talents lie (clue: elsewhere).
    "Please killlll meeeeeeee!"
    Haha, just kidding mate :) I really should give this a go sometime but I'm sure my efforts really will try to kill themselves!
  • smanginismangini Posts: 7
    NerveGear
    edited December 2016
     But one of them is a simple one regarding the picture-renderer. I would love to have a lesser field of view (aka more zoomed in) lens. To basically give more options during rendering these tests because some models really don't lend themselves to the super-wide-angle.
    With the Photo mode active, press A (current tool menu) - there are options for modifying the photo.
  • Lemming1970Lemming1970 Posts: 681
    Neo
    OMG can't believe you guys are coming out with such great stuff so fast.

Modded Coolermaster RC-1000 Cosmos/1000W Corsair HX Series
    i7 6700k o/c to 4.7ghz Corsair H100i water cooler.
    Zotac 1080Ti
    16 gb DDR4 o/c to 3000mhz
    Predator XB271HU 27" 2560x1440 IPS G-Sync 165Hz
  • manxjasonmanxjason Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    Was fun :)
  • KillfrogKillfrog Posts: 6
    NerveGear
    behold my... stone .. thingy..... 

• ker2xker2x Posts: 63
    Hiro Protagonist
    unfinished :)
  • KevinLongtimeKevinLongtime Posts: 283
    Nexus 6
    edited December 2016
    @Smallpoly ; Woah, awesome! And great workflow on the Sketchfab page. Can't wait to use Medium if they would ever activate my free version.
  • cybernettrcybernettr Posts: 919
    3Jane
    Smallpoly said:
    Hey here's my second major sculpt - first one was lost in a crash.

There's a live version here: https://sketchfab.com/models/65be1a5e03b54d1ea9a17409fa9faaf3
    A Basket of Deplorables!  :D  <3
  • cybernettrcybernettr Posts: 919
    3Jane
    I have a B.A in Art and yet I'm getting intimidated by the stuff I am seeing here!  :D I know how hard it is to create 3D stuff using traditional 3D software. Objects that look like they are right next to each other on a flat screen turn out to be yards apart when rotated.

I expect to get my touch tomorrow so I will have to download Medium and try it out. I honestly don't think I will be creating stuff like this right away. I liked all of it!

I hope there will be a permanent forum here for people to share their Medium artwork. I suspect this app will end up making a lot of non-Rift users very jealous!  ;)
  • P3nT4gR4mP3nT4gR4m Posts: 1,701 Valuable Player

I expect to get my touch tomorrow so I will have to download Medium and try it out. I honestly don't think I will be creating stuff like this right away. 
    I don't have any art qualification and I'm pretty new to 3d sculpting. What I found with Medium is I seem to have jumped forward about 6 months to a year overnight. Yeah, I know my stuff still sucks but you wouldn't believe how much less it sucks after a couple of nights sculpting in the rift. It's like I never realised how much my brain was having to compensate for the 2-d interface until I started sculpting in 3-d. Suddenly I was all like - "So that's why I was having so much trouble!" 
  • KevinLongtimeKevinLongtime Posts: 283
    Nexus 6
    edited December 2016
    I have a B.A in Art and yet I'm getting intimidated by the stuff I am seeing here!  :D I know how hard it is to create 3D stuff using traditional 3D software. Objects that look like they are right next to each other on a flat screen turn out to be yards apart when rotated.

I expect to get my touch tomorrow so I will have to download Medium and try it out. I honestly don't think I will be creating stuff like this right away. I liked all of it!

I hope there will be a permanent forum here for people to share their Medium artwork. I suspect this app will end up making a lot of non-Rift users very jealous!  ;)
    You'll be pleasantly surprised how easy Medium is to work with, just tried it for the first time
  • Paul_BlythePaul_Blythe Posts: 326
    Trinity

@cybernettr ; You'll love it!

Medium is so easy to pick up and use, you'll probably just watch the initial tutorials, then keep on sculpting. Think any kind of training is going to stand you in good stead here. It really is that intuitive to use.
    Windows 10 Home 64-bit | Intel i5 7600K 4.7GHz | Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3P | 16GB 3000MHz DDR4 |128GB M.2 NVMe SSD primery | 2TB HDD secondary | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX1070 | 32" 3840x2160 - monitor 1 | 34" 3440x1440 - monitor 2 | OR CV-1
  • EliteSPAEliteSPA Posts: 1,560
    Project 2501
    What about doing the touch controllers or the Oculus logo?
    i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz