cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medium’s community site

naycorn
Heroic Explorer

Since Medium officially launched on Tuesday, we’ve seen some amazing Medium creations on social media, reddit, and our forums - we’re so thrilled to be connecting the world with art.

Today we’re excited to announce the soft launch of Medium’s companion community site. There’s now a place to save and share sculptures, stamps, screenshots, and in-VR recordings with your friends and other artists.

We set out out to become a home for creativity in VR: a place where you can  explore new ways of expression, share art, and collaborate with others in ways you never thought possible.

elbdz7yp2mu7.png

Sharing

There are two main ways to share from inside Medium.

1. Upload the sculpt you are currently working on from the “Share” button in the Home Screen (next to “Export”)

2. You can look at your Assets Browser(The right hand panel in the Home Screen) to view your personal stamps, screenshots, and recordings. When you select an individual asset, you will reach a menu with which you can Share and Name that asset. (Please note - you’re unable to share sculpts through the Asset Browser, only the Share button).

Sharing will bring up your default browser that pops up behind Medium, so you can continue creating in Medium while uploading. Once uploaded, you can change the description of the asset, choose whether it’s public or private, and attach a Creative Commons license to it (more on Creative Commons licenses on the http://oculus.com/medium/guidelines Guidelines page). Everything you upload and make public will be on your personal Artist Gallery page, where a friend or collaborator will be able to download your creations straight into Medium as well as into high-resolution OBJ’s.

Right now, to share assets with each other, you must share Gallery URL’s with each other. (It’s also a good idea to bookmark your Artist Gallery URL for yourself!). Discoverability is a work in progress, but we’ll get there soon!

32 REPLIES 32

cybereality
Grand Champion
Really excited to see what people create.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Leviateinn
Explorer
why on earth is it US only? its not even a physical thing its just data on a website

KevinLongtime
Heroic Explorer
Awesome! Loving the times we are in!

mallmagician
Expert Protege
Yeah, why USA only?? 

If you want the community to grow, don't lock out users! 

TheRedCow
Protege
yeah i really want to share my sculpts but i dont live in the US. I hope they bring global support soon 

AnotherAtreyu
Protege
Canadian user here. Have to say I'm excited, but it seems very odd that you are choosing to lock it to US only at this point.
“If you are willing to look at another person’s behavior toward you as a reflection of the state of their relationship with themselves rather than a statement about your value as a person, then you will, over a period of time cease to react at all.” (~I really gotta remember this shiz~) ― Yogi Bhajan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Great idea! Hopefully you can create a great platform for sharing and viewing.

However I'm not in the US so can't share anything... a bit of a strange choice, I don't know why this would need to be regional locked for any reason?

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant

FrozenPea said:

Great idea! Hopefully you can create a great platform for sharing and viewing.

However I'm not in the US so can't share anything... a bit of a strange choice, I don't know why this would need to be regional locked for any reason?
At a guess - server load balancing. Easier to deal with any teething issues with a limited rollout. This is Facebook hardware we're talking about. All held together with duct-tape and fridge magnets 😄

chaostheorem
Honored Guest
Just published to the Medium community site, but the sculpt is private? Apparently I am not in the US, but I am? I don't get it.