cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Doom 3 BFG Edition (RB + OpenVR)

Leyland
Expert Protege
You can find the latest version here, last updated Dec 13, 2016, 6:19 PM PST, it is based upon RB DOOM 3 BFG and OpenVR:

https://github.com/Codes4Fun/RBDOOM-3-BFG/releases/tag/1.1.0-openvr12

There is 4 ways to play:
* Seated with Gamepad or Keyboard / Mouse, view independent weapon
* Seated with Gamepad or Keyboard / Mouse, weapon attached to view
* Standing with Gamepad
* Standing with VR controllers

By default it is in standing mode, to enable seated mode in the console (~ key) type:
vr_seated 1

By default seated mode has a view independent weapon, to have the weapon attached to the view in the console type:
vr_aimLook 1

For standing mode you can set your height in the console by typing this with your height in centimeters:
vr_playerHeightCM 171

For seated mode to recenter your body (affects things like movement direction, menu direction, and tilting):
vr_resetPose

The blue circle under your feet is SteamVRs Chaperone, I can't do anything about it in the game BUT you can make it invisible by editing the file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\config\steamvr.vrsettings" and change "CollisionBoundsColorGammaA"  to 0 (The source for this work around was http://steamcommunity.com/app/358720/discussions/0/535151589885341101/?ctp=2)

If you want to submit issues on github do it here:
https://github.com/Codes4Fun/RBDOOM-3-BFG/issues

83 REPLIES 83

lenne0815
Adventurer
Smooth turning works here aswell, snap turning would be even better 😉 Great work uve done here Leyland !

jrd3d
Explorer

lenne0815 said:

Smooth turning works here aswell, snap turning would be even better 😉 Great work uve done here Leyland !

Does no one else find the "snap" turning function on VR games to be too stiff and jarring?  I can't stand it.  I'll take smooth any day over it, even if it does make me feel a little bit queasy. It helps if I turn my head slightly in the direction and shift my eyes in the direction that I am about to turn with the analog stick as well.

baggyg
Protege

jrd3d said:

lenne0815 said:

Does no one else find the "snap" turning function on VR games to be too stiff and jarring?  I can't stand it.  I'll take smooth any day over it, even if it does make me feel a little bit queasy. It helps if I turn my head slightly in the direction and shift my eyes in the direction that I am about to turn with the analog stick as well.

I also prefer smooth, but if it easy an option to toggle to suit all people is best. Looking forward to third sensor so I can go 360 and spin around like a lunatic. 

JohnnyDioxin
Expert Trustee
Me too - smooth every time - but the option to slow down the rate of turn if it isn't already moderated.

I haven't tried with Touch yet - so many things to try - I'll get on it over the weekend.

i5 9600k @4.5GHz; 16GB DDR4 3200; 6xSSD; RTX2080ti; Gigabyte Z390D Mobo
Rift CV1; Index; Quest; Quest 2

CharlieHobbes
Rising Star
I am very interested to see where this is going. 

Ideally I would like the option to play seated so I would like to see the option to turn by using my head AND by using one of the thumbsticks. This would also be ideal for those who do not have the third sensor and have a front facing setup. 

RABID
Expert Protege
playing with the touch. how do i jump? no buttons seem to do that

baggyg
Protege

RABID said:

playing with the touch. how do i jump? no buttons seem to do that

Jump is the trigger on the left Touch controller. However you must be stood up for it to work as the mod calculates crouching by you physically crouching in the real world. 

P.s. Also make sure you have gone through the room setup on steam VR so it knows where your floor is.

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Hi

So 2 question..  and please i hope this is not offensive to anyone 🙂 both you guys are fab!.

1) which is the easiest version of the mod to set up? (this one or Samson's) with oculus touch
2) is anyone selling this for under £4.30 which is the cheapest i have found for the BFG edition 🙂

thanks
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

baggyg
Protege

Hi

So 2 question..  and please i hope this is not offensive to anyone 🙂 both you guys are fab!.

1) which is the easiest version of the mod to set up? (this one or Samson's) with oculus touch
2) is anyone selling this for under £4.30 which is the cheapest i have found for the BFG edition 🙂

thanks

I haven't tried Samsons, but this one was really easy to set up:
  1. Install BFG from Steam
  2. Download latest release from https://github.com/Codes4Fun/RBDOOM-3-BFG/releases
  3. Copy contents to the base folder of the install
  4. Make sure you have run the steam VR room setup at least once (both standing and room scale work for touch depending how you have your room setup). 
  5. Run the executable in the folder (RBDoom3BFG.exe)
  6. Once In game bring down the console with the tilde key ~
  7. Type in vr_seated 0 / press enter
  8. Type in vr_turning 1 / press enter
  9. Everything should be up and running. 

Samson
Heroic Explorer

baggyg said:

I haven't tried Samsons, but this one was really easy to set up:

Aw man, you're breaking my heart 🙂  Give it a whirl and go toss some grenades like a boss!