cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Your First Medium Sculpts!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will get this going! 

Just went through the tutorial, the UI is sooo easy to use, picked it up right away. I do have experience with 3D in Maya but still!

Here is my first sculpt, took me about an hour to do 🙂 

s4bcf0vpu9h3.jpg
772 REPLIES 772

Smallpoly
Protege
Hey here's my second major sculpt - first one was lost in a crash.
6c28qhxyaiql.png
There's a live version here: https://sketchfab.com/models/65be1a5e03b54d1ea9a17409fa9faaf3

KevinLongtime
Heroic Explorer
@Smallpoly  Woah, awesome! And great workflow on the Sketchfab page. Can't wait to use Medium if they would ever activate my free version.

TheRedCow
Protege

The Kraken Attacks (three hours sculpt)

rbrook
Explorer

Heres my third session, spent the first figuring out the UI.

Double tapping the settings button to toggle add/remove on brushes and learning to use the support hand trigger to quickly access a secondary tool was super useful.

If only there was something similar to the zbrush move and transpose tools. I heard it was possible to move and rotate layers separately, i will try that when i have time.

cybernettr
Superstar

Smallpoly said:

Hey here's my second major sculpt - first one was lost in a crash.
6c28qhxyaiql.png
There's a live version here: https://sketchfab.com/models/65be1a5e03b54d1ea9a17409fa9faaf3

A Basket of Deplorables!  😄  ❤️

cybernettr
Superstar
I have a B.A in Art and yet I'm getting intimidated by the stuff I am seeing here!  😄 I know how hard it is to create 3D stuff using traditional 3D software. Objects that look like they are right next to each other on a flat screen turn out to be yards apart when rotated.

I expect to get my touch tomorrow so I will have to download Medium and try it out. I honestly don't think I will be creating stuff like this right away. I liked all of it!

I hope there will be a permanent forum here for people to share their Medium artwork. I suspect this app will end up making a lot of non-Rift users very jealous!  😉

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant

I expect to get my touch tomorrow so I will have to download Medium and try it out. I honestly don't think I will be creating stuff like this right away. 

I don't have any art qualification and I'm pretty new to 3d sculpting. What I found with Medium is I seem to have jumped forward about 6 months to a year overnight. Yeah, I know my stuff still sucks but you wouldn't believe how much less it sucks after a couple of nights sculpting in the rift. It's like I never realised how much my brain was having to compensate for the 2-d interface until I started sculpting in 3-d. Suddenly I was all like - "So that's why I was having so much trouble!" 

KevinLongtime
Heroic Explorer

I have a B.A in Art and yet I'm getting intimidated by the stuff I am seeing here!  😄 I know how hard it is to create 3D stuff using traditional 3D software. Objects that look like they are right next to each other on a flat screen turn out to be yards apart when rotated.

I expect to get my touch tomorrow so I will have to download Medium and try it out. I honestly don't think I will be creating stuff like this right away. I liked all of it!

I hope there will be a permanent forum here for people to share their Medium artwork. I suspect this app will end up making a lot of non-Rift users very jealous!  😉

You'll be pleasantly surprised how easy Medium is to work with, just tried it for the first time

KevinLongtime
Heroic Explorer
4oluhp811qbo.jpgSo I finally just got to try Medium and I've got to say that it is everything I hoped for and much much MORE. I cannot believe how incredible cool and intuitive it is to use. The use of scale and completely free hand motion is the coolest way to work. I do come from a 3D background but I've never been able to jump into a tool so fast and have this much fun. I was pleasantly surprised how well the geometry responds to everything you throw at it. Usually I have to fight with geometry to get spontaneous forms but I never once had to touch the resolution button during this whole session which I find great. Everything that comes together in this tool just goes to show how much thought and effort the Medium team has put into this great tool. This is definitely VR's killer app.

Made this one learning the tools of Medium for about an hour. Can't believe how fun this is.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cybernettr ; You'll love it!

Medium is so easy to pick up and use, you'll probably just watch the initial tutorials, then keep on sculpting. Think any kind of training is going to stand you in good stead here. It really is that intuitive to use.