cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bug: Default position jumps around under ambiguous circumstances.

abledbody
Explorer
I don't know why, but my default position keeps jumping around while using the Rift. The guardian system consequently gets severely thrown off. I've been able to trigger it by bumping the sensors, waving the touch in front of the sensors, and nothing at all. The sensors are in USB 3.0 ports. The Rift itself has a warning saying "USB driver update recommended", but I've already updated it. This has been happening for a while, but I never really noticed it because there was no static reference for the default position.
7 REPLIES 7

Vic20
Protege
I had a problem with the Guardian system jumping about, sometimes I was not even in the grid itself.  For me it turned out that having my sensors screwed into the bottom of a shelf and upside down was causing the problem.

I'd be interested to know if your sensors are inverted, or the right way up on the stands?

abledbody
Explorer
@Vic20 Yes, one of my sensors was hanging upside down from a lamp shade. Now I'm having a completely different error. I'll get back to you if flipping it worked.

AJBats
Protege
I am seeing this exact same thing. My position will shift by 2 inches. My vision will lurch every time it happens. I appear slight taller and shift to one direction. Then it will lurch back and I'll be my normal height in the right spot within guardian. This will happen once a minute almost, lurching back and forth. It's horrible and game breaking!

abledbody
Explorer
@AJBats Sorry, this is a different bug. The height always stays the same and does not occur frequently or in regular intervals.

@Vic20 That was the problem, thanks a bunch!

AJBats
Protege

abledbody said:

@AJBats Sorry, this is a different bug. The height always stays the same and does not occur frequently or in regular intervals.

Was it this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVElwsze650&feature=youtu.be

Anonymous
Not applicable

AJBats said:

abledbody said:

Was it this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVElwsze650&feature=youtu.be

Thats the one I have. Happens in all apps and in home. Constantly. It does not seem to depend on movement or occlusion.

BCL74
Explorer
This is exactly what is happening to me, so frustrating.