cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SUPERHOT VR is Absolutely Super Hot on the Oculus Rift With Touch!

vrgamerdude
Heroic Explorer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFPtsDtTNto
So after reading many posts declaring SUPERHOT as one of the best Oculus Touch launch titles I decided to jump in and take a look for myself and man I'm glad I did. This game is freakin great! The unique game mechanic of having time only move when I do was fresh and made the strategy of this game tremendously satisfying! If you have a Rift and have recently been fortunate enough to add the Touch controllers to it then I highly recommend giving this one a look!
"I have seen the light at the end of the tunnel, and it is the headlamp of the oncoming virtual hype train!"
61 REPLIES 61

danknugz
Superstar
i am tempted to get this by offput bu the horrible graphics 
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

Litespeed
Heroic Explorer
The game really should save after every area. I hate having to replay the last 3 areas if I die in the 4th. That's extremely annoying.

bigmike20vt
Visionary

danknugz said:

I shall now quote scripture from the holy book.  "And the lord doth declare that a game with sound gameplay shalt stand the tests of time even if not so beautiful , but one which lives on eyecandy alone is soon exposed once aged and no longer cutting edge.  Open your hearts and accept that which is true, through Jesus Christ, our lord  amen".
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

danknugz
Superstar
thanks be to god
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

halfsnake said:

You can also throw weapons to the next area.

Did not know that!!
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

danknugz said:

@danknugz  The game looks amazing when you're in the Rift!
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Wheatabits
Expert Protege
How long would you guys say this game is?  How many hours can I expect to put into it?  I am looking to buy one single player, campaign driven game that I can play for a long time.  Is this the one?

Ebonyknight
Expert Protege

How long would you guys say this game is?  How many hours can I expect to put into it?  I am looking to buy one single player, campaign driven game that I can play for a long time.  Is this the one?

I've put in six hours so far and I am not done.  Plus I understand a new "mode" unlocks when you finish the game.  Can't remember what it does.  Also, the devs on steam are talking about a procedurally generated random campaign, in the future.

Applecorp
Rising Star
Anyone beaten the game, how long did it take?

Edit: What Wheatabits said.

Ebonyknight
Expert Protege

Applecorp said:

Anyone beaten the game, how long did it take?

Edit: What Wheatabits said.

Now that question is quite relative as the game only moves when you do.  What takes one person 3 minutes to finish, might take a more detail oriented person (or a yoga master) 10 minutes to finish....