cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disable "Your computer doesn't meet Rift's recommended specifications" message in Oculus Home?

BigRobCoder
Explorer
Just got my Rift, using an older overclocked CPU. I know it is not one of the recommended CPUs, but it works just fine with all the apps I've tried so far. Is there any way to disable the "doesn't meet recommended specifications" message in Oculus Home (which is present in VR as well as on the desktop window)? It's very annoying.
195 REPLIES 195

Noxasa
Explorer

ndepoel said:

...Heck, it'd be fine even if it reappeared every time you start Oculus, and you'd have to dismiss it every time.

I wouldn't mind that too if the message were true.  But their compatibility logic is faulty so no, I don't like getting a false message every time I use a software product.  With any other software this would be called a bug.

XMerc
Expert Protege
Really starting to think this is all about selling new hardware from their "partners". Some of the VR ready computers are half the power of my setup and mine doesn't meant "minimum spec"...

Choronzon
Adventurer
Post gone

Noxasa
Explorer

haapavuo
Protege

Noxasa said:

This no more works. I have denied access to that file and no Compatibility.json appears to the folder but I still see the blue bar. Guess Oculus no more requires saving the list as a file but uses it from memory instead..?

And yes, I have restarted OVRService multiple times.

jon
Heroic Explorer
Nearly nine months after the fact and still no proper option to disable this message.

I'm still lying to my PC, telling it I have a 4770k instead of a 3770k just to avoid seeing it.

Boo, Oculus.

Boo.

AoS.Wasted
Expert Protege
How do you do that Jon? I have the same problem with a 3770k

jon
Heroic Explorer

AntonieB said:

How do you do that Jon? I have the same problem with a 3770k

I can't take credit for it, but it's this bit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4kangn/cpu_minimum_spec_not_met_message_fix/

...and once again, Boo Oculus.

Boo.

Judicator357
Honored Guest
So if you actually look at the Compatibility.json and CompatibilityNew.json files, it has a section for CpuWhiteList where it looks like you can add your own CPU.  CoreType is 5 for i5, 7 for i7.  Generation is 3 for 3xxx series, 4 for 4xxx series, 5 for 5xxx series, etc.  PerfFlag is whatever comes after the generation number, so in my case for my 3930K I enter 930.  Finally, for Flags, enter whatever comes after the name of your CPU, if anything.  In my case, that's K.

Now, I haven't actually restarted my Oculus Home in order to test this, but I'd be willing to bet that entering it in all three files will result in my CPU being whitelisted, and that stupid error will go away.

Has someone already tried this and it doesn't work?  I don't really see any discussion about it on here.

roadczar
Protege
Crap, this irritates me.  WTF Oculus?