cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Your First Medium Sculpts!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will get this going! 

Just went through the tutorial, the UI is sooo easy to use, picked it up right away. I do have experience with 3D in Maya but still!

Here is my first sculpt, took me about an hour to do 🙂 

s4bcf0vpu9h3.jpg
772 REPLIES 772

Anonymous
Not applicable
Two I started last night, and just finished... not 100% happy with the bear one, but what the heck.

h85tw8jm0o3p.png
62sgj8p5lg5l.png

Gamerrangerbob
Explorer
pnqtwzchcyjh.jpg
Tried out Moana for my daughters 

KevinLongtime
Heroic Explorer
hgd7034hjdll.jpgRandom "Demon' Bust attempt

threedprof
Honored Guest
has anyone tried exporting their Medium models and used them for normal map projection onto a game-ready model?  If so, i'd love to hear how easy/difficult the process was

Anonymous
Not applicable
My second sculpt, way better than the first one! DBZ inspired dragon :smile:

ker2x
Protege

I have a B.A in Art and yet I'm getting intimidated by the stuff I am seeing here!  😄 I know how hard it is to create 3D stuff using traditional 3D software. Objects that look like they are right next to each other on a flat screen turn out to be yards apart when rotated.

I expect to get my touch tomorrow so I will have to download Medium and try it out. I honestly don't think I will be creating stuff like this right away. I liked all of it!

I hope there will be a permanent forum here for people to share their Medium artwork. I suspect this app will end up making a lot of non-Rift users very jealous!  😉

I think (and hope) that you will be very surprised. 
Last time i tried clay sculpting i was a teenager 22years ago... never sculpted since that time.

I'm horrible at drawing. I know some painting but it also was a long time ago. 

You probably know about it since you have an art degree but my secret is to exploit my limitation to be creative.
I don't work around what i can do, but what i can't do. 

I already posted a picture of my unfinished first sculpture, still working on it, here is the latest WIP : hpbk0plir702.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
Bearing the midday sun ... EDIT ... made a nicer umbrella, and found you can zoom the camera in & out!
b4hb2unawx5u.png

Another item on the wish-list being able to add a skin between points. Plus, variable camera zoom for more natural portrait shots.

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Dude! SICK!!! So I got lazy and grabbed the female head from the stamps library and I laid one down and I felt a bit cheaty, cos I didn't have to remember skull shapes and whatnot but then this happened...
j5aflh1s6wuq.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, so this is actually my third, but I dont have any pictures of my two first .
Spent the entire day in Medium, my hand is sore.
7ic3wfcx09ki.png

Anonymous
Not applicable
DBZ dragon finished 🙂
yn5m6g1lxs4g.jpg