cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch - Rechargable Batteries

Just picked up these for testing. As per the photo they're Energizer Accu Recharge Pro NiMH.

mp1hukgfddoq.jpg

Now remember when you buy rechargeables, they're not all created equal. They range in capacity from around 1300mAh up to 2900mAh so decide whether you want quicker charging or longer lasting. There are also NiCD still out there which you don't want as they're small capacity and develop a memory quite quickly.

I plumped for the 2000mAh which take about 4 hrs to fully charge from flat on the supplied charger. They're charging now so when ready, I'll time my play and confirm how many hours of Touching I get out of them.

97 REPLIES 97

@LZoltowski, much like playing The Climb now... 4 hours is ok so long as you take a break every 30 mins or so to dangle

...your arms

Otreum
Expert Protege
Eneloop batteries are great, we've been using them for years now and they do a great job of holding their charge.
I'll be investing in a few more next week for the touch controllers methinks.

ssahnan
Protege

so one thing to consider in general with rechargables, they are typically thicker then standard batteries and again, typically, gain in size the higher the capacity.  i'm using the ones it came with but do have some eneloops I will go to in time, from memory I didn't think the size would be a issue with regards to the touch controllers.  I use the high capacity one on some august door locks I have thru out the house and it is a noticeably tighter fit then non rechargeable batteries. 

For those interested in eneloops, this is the season to watch for them on sale at amazon.  they aren't cheap so waiting for a sale is always a great idea, it usually helps quite a bit especially if going for the high capacity black ones.  Costco sells a great kit on the standard eneloop capacity ones as well, includes a good mix of aa and aaa, along with a charger at decent value price.  I mention it because its not a bad route to go as opposed for paying the black ones.  there are more then enuf in the kit to use a few and still have some on standby for when the originals run out.

You may be right about varying AA battery sizes but I think they're all within 0.5mm diameter of each other.. I've heard of it being a problem though so yeah, if you have kit with a very small tolerance in the battery compartment it's worth checking. Touch is definitely not an issue though, plenty of room. 

ssahnan
Protege

You may be right about varying AA battery sizes but I think they're all within 0.5mm diameter of each other.. I've heard of it being a problem though so yeah, if you have kit with a very small tolerance in the battery compartment it's worth checking. Touch is definitely not an issue though, plenty of room. 

yeah I didn't feel like it would be a issue with touch either but could be that chance someone buys a kit to use elsewhere as well.  I use eneloops exclusively for anything and everything that uses a battery in the house, I have come across a few instances where fit was very tight.  Just a heads up.  great batteries.  Frustrating to track down particular revisions/generations though, can become quite hit and miss. 

Amazon rechargables are actually older generation/revisions of eneloops.  quite a bit cheaper, but may not have the most current levels of holding capacity the latest eneloops have.

cybereality
Grand Champion
I can confirm that Eneloops fit fine with Touch. We use them in the office almost exclusively.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

LZoltowski
Champion
I had to look up eneloops, never heard of them before! The tech seems great, low-self discharge. 

I see the PRO is only 500 recharges, which ones should I go for?
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

LZoltowski
Champion
PS. They seem to be great for zombie apocalypses with 70% of charge left after 10 years!
Core i7-7700k @ 4.9 Ghz | 32 GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance @ 3000Mhz | 2x 1TB Samsung Evo | 2x 4GB WD Black
ASUS MAXIMUS IX HERO | MSI AERO GTX 1080 OC @ 2000Mhz | Corsair Carbide Series 400C White (RGB FTW!) 

Be kind to one another 🙂

cybereality
Grand Champion
I'm actually well stocked for the zombie or other type of apocalypse. Got about 1 month supplies of military rations and water, batteries, solar and crank powered lanterns, an emergency radio, knives, a water purifier, gas burner, sleeping bag, you name it. I'm prepared.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

CharlieHobbes
Rising Star

I'm actually well stocked for the zombie or other type of apocalypse. Got about 1 month supplies of military rations and water, batteries, solar and crank powered lanterns, an emergency radio, knives, a water purifier, gas burner, sleeping bag, you name it. I'm prepared.

No beans?