cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arizona Sunshine 27.29 I wish I could keep all my games in Oculus Home, but.....

Maxxgold
Rising Star
Click on the Arizona Sunshine deal in on this page.
https://level1techs.com/article/blast-32-space-hulk-deathwing-arizona-sunshine-week-deals

And then get Arizona Sunshine for 27.29.

Oculus needs to step up with some matching deals from Steam and other outlets. I would like to start purchasing more games for home because it is a much better experience, but even though it is only a few dollars here and there; it adds up.

12 REPLIES 12

maxpare79
Trustee
yeah but on Steam (I just tried it) it doesn't use the Oculus SDK fully, you need to set your audio default to the Rift, if you don't the audio will get out of your speakers/headphones  and not the Rift...Annoying to have to switch audio options all the time (In Rift vs playing on the monitor)
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

Maxxgold
Rising Star

maxpare79 said:

yeah but on Steam (I just tried it) it doesn't use the Oculus SDK fully, you need to set your audio default to the Rift, if you don't the audio will get out of your speakers/headphones  and not the Rift...Annoying to have to switch audio options all the time (In Rift vs playing on the monitor)

The way I have solved that issue, is to disable all my other sound devices in Playback Devices, and  Recording Devices, while I am playing on the Rift. It seems to have worked so far. 

maxpare79
Trustee
That's exactly what I want to avoid (playing in the Audio devices) since I have young kids and they sometimes take my PC, I don't want to hear all the time "Daddy, there is no sound in my princess game"....lol
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

Greyman
Superstar
Voicemeeter is worth checking out.  Just set that as your default output device and set it so that it outputs to both the rift and your speakers.

Then set the Rift to use the Windows Default and job's a good 'un

ssahnan
Protege
The audio thing is a quick issue to overcome with steam.  for me, the issue came down to, with regards to multiplayer games, what platform are my fellow rift owning friends going to buy games on.  For me, they leaned oculus store so then so did I.

maxpare79
Trustee
I actually refunded AS on Steam and re-bought it on Home just for the convenience...
My friend has it on the VIVE and Steam and we can both play together....but for now it's buggy as hell, after maybe 5 mins we keep getting disconnected from the server...

CharlieHobbes
Rising Star
That's good to hear that it works cross-platform. 

Now they just need to fix the servers :smile:

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
I agree, Oculus needs to step it up with prices. I have a half dozen VR games on Steam I would have rathered have on Home but I'm not going to throw money away when its cheaper elsewhere.

ChrisSlicks
Honored Guest

maxpare79 said:

There is an option in SteamVR to set the audio device automatically to the Rift and then back again after you close out.