cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SteamVR I'm too low down - Google Earth and The Lab

Solo86
Honored Guest
Hi.
Installed Google Earth and The Lab in SteamVR. I can run them both but I start under the earth in Google Earth and far too low down in the Lab...? Has this happened to anyone? How did you solve it?

8 REPLIES 8

mh1nkle
Honored Guest
Having the same damn problem. I tried doubling the length when doing the floor calibration but that didn't do anything.

SadGamerDad
Heroic Explorer
I have same problem, had it with one camera and still have it with two..  I've tried resetting steam calibration also with no help.. bummer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Solo86 said:

Hi.
Installed Google Earth and The Lab in SteamVR. I can run them both but I start under the earth in Google Earth and far too low down in the Lab...? Has this happened to anyone? How did you solve it?

Solo86 said:

Hi.

Solo86 said:

Hi.

Hanover
Rising Star
Steam VR wants to put you at your literal height from the ground to the sensor.  So it actually thinks you are as tall as however high it thinks you have your sensor placed.   So if you're like me and have your cameras on your desk, you're about 4 feet tall.  🙂

This is why some of their games like Onward have height restrictions (if you are too short, you can't play).  This is why I steer clear of ever using SteamVR.  They seemed to have forgotten what the V in VR means.  Like you can't be any other height in VR...  🙂

Try launching the game from Steam Non-VR and wait for it to tell you to put on your headset.  That usually fixes it.  I do think that some games still use Steam VR to get the camera height, so certain games still might not work.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had this problem last night and solved it by placing both the controllers on the floor with the oculus touch buttons facing up In steam VR room setup. you get the option to place your headset on the floor just make sure your controllers are placed on the floor before you begin setup. 

casualit
Protege

Eras3rh3d said:

I had this problem last night and solved it by placing both the controllers on the floor with the oculus touch buttons facing up In steam VR room setup. you get the option to place your headset on the floor just make sure your controllers are placed on the floor before you begin setup. 

Yep exactly what Eras3rh3d said, I spent a good amount of time trying to set it up from my desk, the only way that worked for me was this.

Demilson
Protege
I was having the same problem with the game The Bellows: VR Demo.

For me, the problem was solved by placing (in the Properties menu) the executable file "TheBellows_Demo_V4_9-8-16.exe" in compatibility mode with "Windows 7".

AGL1
Protege