cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch - Rechargable Batteries

Just picked up these for testing. As per the photo they're Energizer Accu Recharge Pro NiMH.

mp1hukgfddoq.jpg

Now remember when you buy rechargeables, they're not all created equal. They range in capacity from around 1300mAh up to 2900mAh so decide whether you want quicker charging or longer lasting. There are also NiCD still out there which you don't want as they're small capacity and develop a memory quite quickly.

I plumped for the 2000mAh which take about 4 hrs to fully charge from flat on the supplied charger. They're charging now so when ready, I'll time my play and confirm how many hours of Touching I get out of them.

97 REPLIES 97

vannagirl
Consultant
Same i know nothing for batteries

Thank you for this thead and the posters i am always learning coming here
Look, man. I only need to know one thing: where they are. 

Log_a_Frog
Heroic Explorer
Do the xbox one recbargable batteries fit?

ssahnan
Protege

molokow said:

Do the xbox one recbargable batteries fit?

buddy you got to do some of your own research there, that's not fair...that's pure lazy....to your end, the xbox is two batteries, the touch is one....

ssahnan
Protege

I had to look up eneloops, never heard of them before! The tech seems great, low-self discharge. 

I see the PRO is only 500 recharges, which ones should I go for?

in my honest opinion, if strictly just for touch, go to Costco and buy their regular eneloop offer.  the pro is more high end, for high end users and no, the touch controllers are not high end use devices, its overkill.  that said, if you have other devices you want to power, and you want the best of the best, that I get, by all means, the pro definitely kick butt there.

FourT2
Expert Protege
I used Duracell NiMH 2450 mAh with my Touch for 3+ hrs, did not have to recharge them yet...

ssahnan
Protege

you've got to make a value assessment here, in most people's eyes, the touch should not be worth the investment into eneloop pro series batteries.  its just a dumb move.  but I get people get offended to hear their device isn't worth the best so to that end, good luck, it takes a ton of research to find out if when you buy pro series eneloops, if you are truly getting the best.  amazon is full of people who tried to buy current gen eneloop pros but got something less then.   I will reiterate once again, any series eneloop will serve you well for a touch controller.  high end eneloops are more for professional flashes and such.

cybereality
Grand Champion
You don't need the pros. This is the set I bought and the same ones we've been using in the office. $16 for 4 AA batteries and the charger. 
https://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-K-KJ17MCA4BA-Individual-Rechargeable-Batteries/dp/B00JHKSMJU/
Touch is rated to last between 20 - 30 hours of use from a single battery.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

That's a lot longer than I was expecting... I seem to remember reading a thread some time ago about issues with the prototype battery life. Me thinks the engineers have been working hard on these things.

Minitu
Expert Protege
Not an expert, but I've owned rechargables for some years and decided some time ago to go full LSD (Low Self Discharge) rechargables: kids toys,tv/hifi  remotes, clocks, gaming, everything that uses a AAA, AA, C or D battery.

Some advice that worked for me:

• Forget about non-LSD. They are not ready when you need them and they are far more inestable and they finally break. All my 20 or so non -LSD batteries died well before its life span (maybe due to a bad charger I can't tell). None of my LSD batteries has died yet.
  • Use a nice charger and not the crappy ones that can damage your batteries. Good chargers can do things like: charge, discharge, adjust charge and discharge rate, cycle a battery or try to recover damaged batteries, at same time charge with a mix of different battery size, capacity and brands, and voltage control to stop charguing when a battery is fully charged.
  • Amazon basics is enough for most uses. Except maybe camera flashes.
  • Do not use alkaline never again. If you forget one of them inside a remote, like it happened to my air conditioning remote during winter, it will acidify and damage your equipment.
  • For C and D types use AA and AAA adaptors.

I have a Powerex charger and some powerex imedion, panasonic infinium, recyko+ and amazon basics, and its working well.

Regards,

edit: grammar & spelling :blush:
Soon upgrading to Ryzen

Percy1983
Superstar

Minitu said:

Not an expert, but I've owned rechargables for some years and decided some time ago to go full LSD rechargables: kids toys,tv/hifi  remotes, clocks, gaming, everithing that uses a AAA, AA, C or D battery.

Some advice that worked for me:

• Forget about non-LSD (non-low Self Discharge Batteries). They are not ready when you need them and they are far more inestable and they finally break. All my 20 or so non -LSD batteries died well before its life span (maybe bad charger I can't tell). Any of my LSD batteries has died yet.
  • Use a nice charger and not the crappy ones that can damage your batteries. Good chargers can do things like: charge, discharge, adjust charge and discharge rate, cycle a battery or try to recover damaged batteries, at same time charge with a mix of different battery size, capacity and brands, and voltage control to stop charguing when a battery is fully charged.
  • Amazon basics is enough for most uses. Except maybe camera flashes.
  • Do not use alkaline never again. If you forget one of them inside a remote, like it happened to my air conditioning remote during winter, it will acidify and damage your equipment.
  • For C and D types use AA and AAA adaptors.

I have a Powerex charger and some powerex imedion, panasonic infinium, recyko+ and amazon basics, and its working well.

Regards,

My love of Panasonic infiniums comes from photography, I use them in flashes, flash triggers and audio recorders, I just have a load in the bag charged and ready to go without worrying about any serious discharge.

Why Infiniums over eneloops? they have proven to work as well in flashes and cost a lot less.

They currently power my lightsabers which only get occasional use.
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ 256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w