cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch games that dont rely on Teleport movement only

Pablito
Heroic Explorer
I wanna buy the touch controls and some games, but I hate teleport movement.  Is there any titles out there that incorporate other forms of movement(where locomotion is needed)?  Surgeon Simulator and quill are fine, but howbout games like Arizona Sunshine?  The video appears to show the option, buts it not clear.  Thanx for the help.
8 REPLIES 8

Baz_uK
Expert Protege
Ummm, not too many I don't think. Only one I know of is one I'm making lol I set touch controls similar to xbox controller.  Works well, problem is not everybody has VR feet yet, so could upset some!

maxpare79
Trustee
Arizona is teleportation, your best bet is Onward
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

weasel47
Heroic Explorer
Windlands has thumbstick running/strafing and turning. 

Syndroid
Heroic Explorer
Doom 3 

haydxn
Protege
I've been having lots of fun with Climbey on steam. It's a climbing/jumping get-to-the-flag game, with a really nice locomotion system.

holding the grip buttons and waving your hands in a 'running on the spot' manner causes you to walk forwards. To jump, you grab the air in front of you with the triggers with both hands, and then pull yourself forwards/up as you release them, launching yourself with the corresponding force and direction. It feels remarkably intuitive, and it has a variety of effective comfort measures. Climbing and leaping around is very fun!

Maxxgold
Rising Star
Check out Onward, its an awesome FPS in VR! Also, Obduction.

StreetPreacher
Adventurer

Maxxgold said:

Check out Onward, its an awesome FPS in VR! Also, Obduction.

Have you heard of any plans to add Touch support to Obduction?  It might actually detract from the game, since so few of the objects are actually interactive it might end up being frustrating to have 'hands'?

But yes, Obduction does offer PROPER locomotion options, and because of this it's a pleasure to explore!

Pablito
Heroic Explorer
Ok. These are all good leads.  Thanx guys.