cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Your First Medium Sculpts!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will get this going! 

Just went through the tutorial, the UI is sooo easy to use, picked it up right away. I do have experience with 3D in Maya but still!

Here is my first sculpt, took me about an hour to do 🙂 

s4bcf0vpu9h3.jpg
772 REPLIES 772

Anonymous
Not applicable
I just discovered stamps, so no stamps in mine. But making it all work together realistically isn't that easy I think, so not cheating in my eyes, plus in the end it's about the product, not your talent, though talent will make it easier creating a great product. 

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
To be honest, it's no different to me making my own shapes and importing them in as stamps. Shit, I've got half a dozen suitable ones in my blender folder, all hand sculpted by me. Most sculptors probably do. And the Medium ones are fine but, lets face it, they aint gonna win any top-rows at polycount. As long as I know I could easily sculpt something that would do the job I'm using it for,  I guess I'm happy enough just grabbing the one that's lying there.

Thing is, for a novicey sculptor like me, I feel it's kinda important that I do as much as I can for myself. I wanna learn and I wanna be careful with templates and prefabs and whatnot cos they never help with learning, long-run. There was just that twinge of - "Any idiot could do this" tickling the hairs on the back of my neck. The fact that I've suddenly become at least 8-times as capable as I was on Wednesday morning weighed in there to certain degree, too. I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop...

TrancerSpacey
Protege
Added some details, need higher resolution, ordered two more 8GB Ram modules and startet saving money for a GTX1080  😄 ...

The only downside is the lack of precission, when you go into details. But I think this depends on resolution. And resolution depends on RAM and GPU.But besides this with Medium I do learning really a lot about sculpting. Didn't know that I can do something like this. It is so intuitive and easy to build (organic) things and structures.

LOVE this program! LOVE Oculus!  ❤️ 🙂

To be continued...
q2m53u82rmee.jpg7lqcpaa4b33h.jpgehc275nvuont.jpgz0aquar8cg9k.jpg

ChrisTron
Explorer
I had to watch a video on the medium Facebook page to find out about symmetry. Got my controllers since the 7th and now had the first time to play around for about two hours.
97sj22cyd7hx.png
Does anybody know why I can't get the stamps in the same size as the original?

Anonymous
Not applicable

ChrisTron said:

Does anybody know why I can't get the stamps in the same size as the original?

I was wondering that, all the stamps I've made have been slight smaller than the originals. 

TrancerSpacey
Protege
In the FAQ of Medium they said, that stamps are always low resolution.

ChrisTron
Explorer

In the FAQ of Medium they said, that stamps are always low resolution.

So the strategy would be to prepare stamps in the lowest resolution? Have to try that.
BTW: Does anybody know how to delete custom stamps :smile: ?
I found a set of directories. I'll just delete them ... (famous last words)

nalex66
MVP
MVP

Added some details, need higher resolution, ordered two more 8GB Ram modules and startet saving money for a GTX1080  😄 ...

I'm glad I upgraded to 32 GB of RAM last month--total overkill for gaming, but I had a feeling it would help for Medium, and that was confirmed in one of the announcement threads recently.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable
So we just need to make them overly big to start off with. 

Not run out of memory yet, but I can see the need for 32GB won't be far off  😉

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
doing some head detailing on my zombie. Was having a hell of a time doing hard creases like the eyelids and around the nose. Was missing my crease tool something stupid. Inflate/deflate wasn't cutting it for me although I have formed an uneasy alliance with it for other areas. Inspiration struck. I grabbed the organic stamp that looks like a little pointy tentacle, set it to subtract and flipped back and forth between gouge with the tip and a little dab of smooth to form reasonably sharp creases. Turned out the perfect tool even for the big strokes under the cheekbones and whatnot, just rotate and use the back. There's just about ever curve radius you could ask for on that one stamp just by varying the size and what part you use.
azozp7wilraw.jpg