cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus CV1 Crashing When Touched.

Godmalo
Explorer
I've had my CV1 for a few months now and am a bit scared. Lately whenever I touch the Rift while its on my face it will reset. It's been getting worse and worse. I don't even want to play the game I bought it for (Elite Dangerous) because I'm afraid it will cut out at an inopportune time. I don't want to lose my Anaconda! Other than fear of losing my ship, it's really annoying and breaks the immersion. Anyone have any thoughts? I'm pretty sure it's a hardware issue, but maybe there's something else here.
8 REPLIES 8

Godmalo
Explorer
I would also like to add that I would love to purchase the Touch controllers, but not sure if it's worth it due to the device crashing.

Maxxgold
Rising Star
It sounds like the cable that attaches to  your headset may have come loose. Just pull off the face-mask, the insert that touches your face, and see if the HDMI cable is seated properly. That insert just comes right out, so don't be afraid about pulling on it. ; )

Godmalo
Explorer
I thought about it, but opened up a support ticket and am afraid that if I open anything it may void any warranty. I'll look into it though. Thanks.

Norwegian_guy
Expert Protege
it doesn't void it and comes off very easily 

Douglarse
Protege
Same problem here. 

Maxxgold
Rising Star

Douglarse said:

Same problem here. 

Try doing what I stated above. It is really simple to see if you have a loose cable. If that doesn't fix it then you need to open a support ticket.

Douglarse
Protege

Maxxgold said:

Douglarse said:

Same problem here. 

Try doing what I stated above. It is really simple to see if you have a loose cable. If that doesn't fix it then you need to open a support ticket.

Well I have done everything. And it still happens. 

But it I may have come up with the the route of the problem. 

I have a Flir E8 thermal image camera which I use for work. 

When the rift is first used , the hdmi connection port area remains quite cool. But once in use for about 20 minutes it starts to show a significant hot spot at that point, the problem is, when I remove the plug,this also shows the same temp, so it's impossible to call it as a faulty lead or headset. 

My guess is, the rift is heating up at that point due to a bad connection. Guess its got to go back !

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar

Godmalo said:

I thought about it, but opened up a support ticket and am afraid that if I open anything it may void any warranty. I'll look into it though. Thanks.

wot? Just take the cable out, put it back in. It comes out easily. You're just going to be told to do that by support.