cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Your First Medium Sculpts!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will get this going! 

Just went through the tutorial, the UI is sooo easy to use, picked it up right away. I do have experience with 3D in Maya but still!

Here is my first sculpt, took me about an hour to do 🙂 

s4bcf0vpu9h3.jpg
772 REPLIES 772

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm tending to add bulk using the sphere primitive, then smoothing. Finding this a good way to add facial details. Finding working big means there's more scope for finer details. Still, a crease tool would be nice for hard edges...

Wheatabits
Expert Protege
Here's my first one, made in about an hour while listening to Christmas music with the wife and dogs!

Wheatabits
Expert Protege
zabx3qr748nk.png

michaeleeli
Explorer
bz1sb5ksief7.gif

Anonymous
Not applicable
A happy toothless old guy...
rpimbrlo2gmv.png

JavierVillalba
Honored Guest

Quick sculpt, inspired by Goro Fujita amazing robots :). Rendered in Blender Cycles.

9gq8pdoadhs9.jpgx3t43l0futry.jpgcvhf7omr6d8l.jpg

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
That's incredible! How you getting it into blender? Are you surfacing in medium or blender? 

JavierVillalba
Honored Guest
I did the materials by using different layers in Medium, and then exporting and cleaning the OBJ mesh a bit. It already exports one mesh per layer, so it's easy to assign separate materials. But I couldn't get the vertex color, so I finally did similar shaders and lighting in Blender using Cycles.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Here's my first work in progress.
ylmsjm48bmfs.png

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

KevinLongtime
Heroic Explorer
This is one from last-night before I went to bed. Did some experimenting with quickly drawing out forms with the sphere clay ball and then using the Inflate/Deflate tool and the smooth tool to carve/paint on the forms. Was really impressed with these tools because I've never really liked doing organic stuff and this feels much more approachable than Mudbox. Even used the subtract clay sphere to quickly and roughly carve out mass and then inflate tool to paint back on a smooth surface using the sensitivity of the trigger. Another impressive thing about Medium is I didn't once touch the resolution button on this. May or may not up the resolution later and add details. Legs are a bit short I've noticed.
heuukjmjfh8c.jpg