Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VR Sports Challenge Reviews

Anonymous
Not applicable
26 REPLIES 26

bigmike20vt
Visionary
Hi at moment i only have egg thowing and netball.... how do i get the other sports?

Thanks
Fiat Coupe, gone. 350Z gone. Dirty nappies, no sleep & practical transport incoming. Thank goodness for VR 🙂

Craiger13
Explorer

Is anyone else having issues with the scale being off in the hockey mode?  All of the other sports seemed fine, but in hockey I was barely as tall as the net, and my stick seemed too long.

Also, does the in game resolution scaling option max out at 120%?

It's the same for me. I feel so short in hockey, but the scale is correct in the other games. If I kneel down and put my controllers to the ground, the glove and stick in the game go through the ice. It's as if the ice starts slightly above my ankles. I don't have this problem in the other games.

AndrewJ71
Heroic Explorer

Hi at moment i only have egg thowing and netball.... how do i get the other sports?

Thanks

The little round disc thingy is disc-slap. Stick-ball only appears as a mini game (grab gator guy to access them)

AndrewJ71
Heroic Explorer
Finding VR sports really fun, actually. 

I think they they really need to add saved game slots, though. I've "unlocked" improved opposition defense in basket ball and there's no way to play the game without it now. So if my wife tries it, she'll be playing in hard mode without having learned the ropes. And she'll get annoyed and quit after 15 seconds, for sure. 

Same me for if we have people try the game out in future. The game needs three save slots as a bare minimum - five would be better. And they need to allow you to delete/reset a save. 

Perhaps @cybereality could pass on that feedback?

(Before going to bed last night, I actually tracked down the location of my saved file, backed it up and deleted it. Hopefully my wife will be able to try it from the start now. That's a work around, but it would be far preferable to have a proper solution in game. Some people might not have the knowledge or inclination to go tinkering around with save files)

maxpare79
Trustee
I am missing my two front teeth, like to put people's shirts over their heads, so I LOVE HOCKEY!
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

battleaxe39
Protege
I'm enjoying this game so far, they maybe American sports but in game form are easy enough to pick up, really interactive and gets you moving around so make Some room, i dived into my wall trying to catch a football ffs, caught it tho:)

StreetPreacher
Adventurer
I just wish that the football passing was based more on your arm movement, rather than being directed solely? by the marker which is controlled by head movement...  It took me a few series to realize why none of my passes seemed to be going anywhere near where I thought I was throwing them.

I guess it's natural to throw where you're looking, but it seems like you almost have to look at the ground in front of the receiver rather than at chest level in order to place the marker correctly...

Basketball seems to work better, and thanks for confirming the hockey scale issue, not sure what's going on there since all the other games look to be the correct size.

dtrjones
Protege

Hopefully there's a gentle learning curve for things like American Football, I'm pretty sure my knowledge of different play call isn't up to snuff over here in the UK.

I'm not sure this is a simulator LOL! VR Sports Challange is exactly that - a bunch of preset challenges which are a hell of a lot of FUN!!!! No deep rules, tactics or historic information required and I'm welsh!

Dreamwriter
Rising Star
The hockey scale issue seems obviously on purpose to me. The entire game is meant to be played standing up, but hockey goalies don't tend to stand up straight. So they changed the scale to make it so while you are standing, your goalie character isn't.

I am so glad they gave this game as a preorder bonus, because there's no way I would have bought it. But it's damn fun!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Another UK user here with little understanding of these games. Loving the basket ball but can't get the hang of the three pointers. I'm fine in the 3 point challenge but in game when I go for a 3 pointer it either makes a wild pass or when I throw on target when a player is coming in it goes to the zoom and is way off the basket so have to take the 2 pointer.