cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Your First Medium Sculpts!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will get this going! 

Just went through the tutorial, the UI is sooo easy to use, picked it up right away. I do have experience with 3D in Maya but still!

Here is my first sculpt, took me about an hour to do 🙂 

s4bcf0vpu9h3.jpg
772 REPLIES 772

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
uy0cfd754b6t.jpg

ker2x
Protege

I did the materials by using different layers in Medium, and then exporting and cleaning the OBJ mesh a bit. It already exports one mesh per layer, so it's easy to assign separate materials. But I couldn't get the vertex color, so I finally did similar shaders and lighting in Blender using Cycles.

Thx for the explanation. Could you please create a new post and explain it again in details ? 
Cycle is amazing ❤️

EDIT : Ho well, i just tried and it's super easy :blush:

ker2x
Protege
My first blender cycle rendering of my 1st medium work, both WIP. the lightning need some works but so does the the sculpture

xd223u3xurlr.png

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Really good to see Cycles renders of Medium sculpts. Reassuring. My end goal is Unreal Engine but if I can get it into blender then the job's done!

Moar zombies. Well bits of zombies anyway. Started as anatomy practice so no cheaty stamping. Hands and arms are a bit new to me and, well, I ended up with this dismembered arm and then there was some green paint and one thing led to another...  😘

37nuc47zrx4s.jpg

BigBevo
Honored Guest
Amazing work everyone...can't wait to get my touch!

IsItVR
Explorer

BigBevo said:

Amazing work everyone...can't wait to get my touch!

Wed for me.

StudioTan
Honored Guest
This is my second sculpt.  Still learning the tools and this was the first time I played with stamps. 

This was exported, retopologized with Mudbox and then textured in Substance Painter which is where this shot is from.

92s83sc32yam.jpg

dreward
Explorer
Pity me for I have no artistic skill so the fact I could produce this in a short period of time is awe inspiring amazing software. I am now going to try to print him out!67mqj75am4ht.png

baalrog
Honored Guest
Scratch sculpt #2, about 3 hours. Medium isn't everything I'd hoped, but it's far easier to get into than painting on a tablet. With time and support it could become extremely powerful. 8r3x05clnu5d.jpg

AnsonAdams
Honored Guest
Otto the Ocutopus! 1hr.
0nyvc67iyz58.png