cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Your First Medium Sculpts!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will get this going! 

Just went through the tutorial, the UI is sooo easy to use, picked it up right away. I do have experience with 3D in Maya but still!

Here is my first sculpt, took me about an hour to do 🙂 

s4bcf0vpu9h3.jpg
772 REPLIES 772

Anonymous
Not applicable
Man Im loving these renders in blender! I might have to try a Maya render! ::)

Texturing seems like it might be a problem since i imagine the UV maps are horrible? maybe i'll have to try a robot too!

Edit: holy shit I just exported the rock sculpt and it was 1.4GB with 10mil verts :open_mouth:

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant

FrozenPea said:

Texturing seems like it might be a problem since i imagine the UV maps are horrible?

D'ya think baking would work? I was going to try this for normals anyway. Not sure if mental Medium mesh would crash blender tho. Anyone tried it?

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Okay so I just tried and it worked. I imported into Meshlabs, saved it out as collada (as per Naomi's instructions in the Maya thread. 

Next I imported into blender, duped the mesh and ran a remesh modifier (in leau of proper retopology). Next I did a quick and dirty auto uv unwrap then baked the albedo onto that. Here's how it looks in Unreal.

li8dmw9dckp8.jpg

7yn3hw466cls.png

Of course where the hell am I going to find the time to retopo, given that I'm currently spending EVERY WAKING MINUTE IN MEDIUM!!!

KevinLongtime
Heroic Explorer
Rib-Man! 

Who is "Rib-Man" you might ask? Well, he's a homeless superhero that has a mullet and ribs for wings! Don't ask.

Learned a lot in Medium on this one. Rendered in Marmoset Toolbag 3

5qfb5395t3dn.jpg

shaunboy97
Honored Guest
Here's my first sculpt 🙂

pga2t5mx4wds.png

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Say hello to my new best friend - the line tool.
jvsryaya25wn.jpg

TrancerSpacey
Protege

P3nT4gR4m said:

Line tool? Please can you tell me, where I can find it?

EliteSPA
Superstar
30 mins toke me to make this ****
44375ytyd6al.png
I suck, I know  😄 
i7 6700K @ 4.2 GHz | Corsair 16GB DDR4 PC2300 | GTX 1080 Ti | Asus z170-Pro | Corsair RGB Strafe Keyboard | Logitech G27 | Oculus CV1 + Touch + 4 Sensors | Win 10 64 bit | Acer Predator x34 @ 100Hz

KevinLongtime
Heroic Explorer

P3nT4gR4m said:

Line tool? Please can you tell me, where I can find it?

Click the gear on your sculpting hand and under "contraints" you'll see something that says "line". If my memory serves me right.

vr_human
Explorer
zclwdro8ge9q.jpg