cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feature Suggestion: Lock a layer

Johnny3D
Protege
Being able to move a layer around is great, but sometimes I find myself accidentally moving one of the layers and then have to re-position the layer later on (example: Teeth in the mouth of my Dragon get moved sometimes). I would like the ability to lock a layer so I don't accidentally move it when working on other things. I'm not even certain how I'm accidentally moving them, but they're definitely moving a little bit occasionally so I assume it is something I'm doing by accident.

I could also see how the ability to lock a layer would be handy at other times as well.
2 REPLIES 2

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
I second this and further the request to include pretty much every layer option you get with photoshop. I find myself missing most of them from time to time, naming, ordering, grouping...

Yeah, I know all devs are having a well earned breather after release crunch but just when you get a minute guys 😄

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Locking would be nice, and I'd love to be able to adjust the transparency of a layer too. I know I can hide a layer if I need to see inside the geometry, but I might also want to see where a layer's surfaces are while working on something that intersects.

P3nT4gR4m said:

I second this and further the request to include pretty much every layer option you get with photoshop. I find myself missing most of them from time to time, naming, ordering, grouping...

This too--naming layers would be handy. I noticed that my layers changed order after saving and reloading, and it messed me up a bit when I chose the wrong layer to go back and edit some geometry. In the end I just got used to selecting layers by clicking on geometry from within the layer menu.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo