cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch controller spinning/spiraling out from real hand..

Nikorasu
Adventurer
Every once in a while, maybe every 5-10 minutes or so, even when in view of both cameras, I've noticed one of my hands, usually the left hand, but sometimes the right too, will start spinning/vibrating a bit, which gets worse over the next couple seconds, until the virtual hand/controller is violently spiraling around where my real hand is positioned. Then, after another couple seconds, it pops back to normal and stops, till it happens again a little later.

At first I noticed it in Medium, cause I spent a few hours in that, but I just noticed it in Home too, so now I know it happens across everything. 😞
74 REPLIES 74

brandonmore80
Honored Guest
I've had it happen too. Usually happens after around half an hour of play. The hand model starts to spiral around its anchor point, then stops after a couple seconds. After it happens the tracking on that controller seems diminished until I re-sync the controller by holding down the "b" and "oculus" buttons for a couple sec. 

cybereality
Grand Champion
I think we may have found the issue but, just to be safe, can you all upload your log files? Thanks.
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33792/how-to-get-logs-for-bug-reports-for-consumer-ri...
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Sanborn
Explorer
@cybereality is the found issue also going to fix track warping away from real hand position and snapping back?

cybereality
Grand Champion
There are a couple issues related to tracking we are looking at now. Some have been fixed, some are still under investigation. It's hard to say what's what yet, but fixes are in the works. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Hornet_F4C
Adventurer

There are a couple issues related to tracking we are looking at now. Some have been fixed, some are still under investigation. It's hard to say what's what yet, but fixes are in the works. Thanks.

Well, thats good news I guess! You guys are making progress regarding stability and quality. Thanks for your efforts!

nrosko
Superstar
I noticed this in 11 as well, right hand starts to go after half hour, I was also sure i was having problems in other games but also the tracking is somewhat glitchy even after sensor setup & will stick slightly even when in full view. I now have 3 sensors & there is no improvement.  

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
I'm hoping this will be fixed before Friday when my controllers arrive. If so  I guess that's the bright side of being late to the party.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Noticed the same issue using 2 sensor front setup along with 2 sensor 360 experimental. My left hand seemed to hold up fine but the right hand would snap and float away.

I've gotten my 3rd sensor in today, got it all setup with 360 layout and still am getting the same drift on the right hand. Seems more noticable after playing for a little bit, noticed it a bunch in Dead and Buried tonight. Seemed worse after 45 minutes of gameplay, didn't matter where I was positioned and only affected the right hand. Even swapping left and right hands positions didn't help the right hand just didn't want to pay nice.

Verified with a cellphone camera that all 24 IR LEDs are working fine on both left and right, verified sensors all showed good and tracking was working great.

@cybereality adding log files here to keep it in this discussion on right hand drift issue. Thanks.

Sanborn
Explorer
Glad to hear there are multiple fixes rolling @cybereality

Defectus
Explorer
I've also had this issue. But I didn't have it the first couple of days. I was having an issue that the sensors was out of wireless sync. So I tried updating the inateck drivers. The wirelsess sync issue was resolved. But I think thats when the drifting problem started to appear. Especially when i have my hands close to the floor. And it seems that this is related to another problem, at times my head glitches and my height is different after that. My height is 10 cm closer to the floor after that. It happens quite frequently. So when i try to touch the floor with my hand, the hand goes through the floor because my height is wrong.