cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Height glitching up and down

KevinLongtime
Heroic Explorer
Today I've been noticing this weird thing where I'm sitting inside of "I expect you to die" and while im sitting in my chair I get this glitch every once in a while where my height glitches upwards and I have to reset my default orientation to get it back down to normal. After a little while it will do it again. 

Anyone else have this?
199 REPLIES 199

nalex66
MVP
MVP

elboffor said:

i had something similar and it turned out it was because i adjusted one of the sensors after i had run the setup. i would recommend running the setup and making sure the sensors are kept in EXACTLY the same position. i literally adjusted one of mine by a few mil and and my screen was zooming in and out in the same manner yours is popping up and down.

I use a large bulldog clip to secure the base of each sensor to the desk/shelf to make sure they don't move.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

JimmyT1
Explorer
I am also having the same issue.

Callidus80
Protege
Who ever is was that recommended Desk Scene thanks!. From my latest video you can see the whole scene jump from an external point of view. Third person view scene jump is at 0:27

Video : https://youtu.be/xSfTgMqkKx8

Really disappointed, I received Oculus Touch a day early and I've spent the last 8 days just trouble shooting.

cybereality
Grand Champion
@Callidus80 I sent you a PM with something to try. Please give it a shot and let me know. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

KevinLongtime
Heroic Explorer
@cybereality Anything I can try?

cybereality
Grand Champion
@KevinLongtime I just sent you a PM. I'll wait for confirmation that this is working before sending steps to other people. Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Khyber_GT
Protege
mine is doing the same thing posted above in that video.  no matter if the cameras or high or low or far apart or close together or diagonal as close as 8ft apart. it does it all the time.

Callidus80
Protege
@cybereality  Thanks for the suggested action!
 I have carried out the steps to the letter and was successful however the issue persists.

KevinLongtime
Heroic Explorer

@cybereality  Thanks for the suggested action!
 I have carried out the steps to the letter and was successful however the issue persists.

Did you try with or without the faceplate on? I'm about to try in a few minutes.

Callidus80
Protege
Without the faceplate @KevinLongtime, I even clamped the cable so that it could not apply pressure to the unit, and sat it on a solid tiled floor.