cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My DIY Gun Stock for Touch

Khyber_GT
Protege
i can't even begin to tell you how much easier it is with my front hand not moving like crazy and now that it is steady! I got a couple of kills and instantly worth the $25 I spent to make it.

69 REPLIES 69

Traprock
Expert Protege
Is that schedule 40 or 80 PVC?

LordQuake
Adventurer
Always play with the lights off, that way you don't look ridiculous as nobody can see you, and tracking works better - Win Win. I forgot to close the blinds one day and my neighbour was asking my other half if I had taken up Zumba as she saw me jumping around waving my arms in the air.

@LordQuake, I was thinking the same thing... I'm about to migrate my VR to the living room which is easily looked into from the street. I think the blinds will be down even though VR is cool, I'm not when I'm playing!

Khyber_GT
Protege
only people ever see me playing is my kids and my wife in an all black room with a fake wall built in front of the window for my projector screen... my wife knows I'm a geek... so i could care less what I look like.  lol

Traprock said:

Is that schedule 40 or 80 PVC?

all I got left to do is paint it all black...but it won't stop raining.

HoIIywood
Heroic Explorer
You should lower the grip side so that sits at least half an inch beneath the stock sided/first controller. 
Also, when inserting the controller into the holes, does it go all the way in and is resting underneath the trigger, or did you fill the edge of the rim so it's thinner and props up the controller slightly so that you're finger is not on both the trigger and the pipe simultaneously?

You could also do with some hooks on the controller piping for convenience.

Khyber_GT
Protege
can't lower it. then my fingers would hit the bottom of the ypipe and I wouldn't be able to grip it.  when you don't need to move you can grip it in several different places.  1. beneath the controller and anywhere on the bottom underneath the ypipe and pvc.  don't have to have your hand on the front controller 24/7

I have foam in the pvc where the controllers go in to hold them since the controller handles aren't round. 

what you mean hooks on the controller piping?

GhostNI
Honored Guest
Can u still press the grip buttons or have u cut a groove for them to slide in?

Im trying to use an adjustable walking stick as the main body as it has holes already drilled the whole length of it and already has a handle that lookes like a stock. Just need to find a cup thing to bolt onto it thats not to invasive in my hand.

Khyber_GT
Protege
can still press them

Baz_uK
Expert Protege
......I don't get it? 

falken76
Expert Consultant

TwoHedWlf said:

Just more evidence...You'll never look cool playing VR...

Apparently you missed the TMNT adult PJ Pants.  Ten cool points for the themed pants alone.