cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Touch Controllers Are Being Held by The UPS because of Oculus

Fuzzums
Explorer
My touch controllers finally came on Friday 12/9/16.  But,  I wasn't home.  After the failed delivery, Oculus sent a message to hold and wait for instructions.  Now it is Wednesday 12/14/16 and I still don't have them.  UPS says Oculus has to finish their instructions and tell them what to do with the package.  I've been to the UPS customer center 4 times now.  I've contacted Oculus multiple times and told them what they need to do.  They (Oculus) seems oblivious about the hold instructions to the UPS.  So far, no solution.  Everyday I get more frustrated.
28 REPLIES 28

HoIIywood
Heroic Explorer
It is Oculus responsibility that they get to you as UPS is their courier of choice. Get them on the phone and do not get off until they commit to contacting UPS and dealing with it.

Fuzzums
Explorer
Oculus does not have a phone number.  Unless they do....  Does anyone know a phone number you can call?

kojack
MVP
MVP
That seems really odd. Since when does a courier notify the sender that a first delivery attempt failed? I've never heard of this happening to anybody. It should only be if you've failed all delivery attempts over a window (like 7 days or something).

Author: Oculus Monitor,  Auto Oculus Touch,  Forum Dark Mode, Phantom Touch Remover,  X-Plane Fixer
Hardware: Threadripper 1950x, MSI Gaming Trio 2080TI, Asrock X399 Taich
Headsets: Wrap 1200VR, DK1, DK2, CV1, Rift-S, GearVR, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Reverb G2

Fuzzums
Explorer
I don't get it either.  One attempt was failed.  I instructed them to place the package at the customer center for pickup, as I have done in the past.  Now they can't release the package because Oculus has put a hold on it.

cybereality
Grand Champion
That's a really strange story. Let me see what I can find out.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Fuzzums
Explorer
Talked again with UPS today.   They have informed me that my package will be sent back to Oculus tomorrow if Oculus does not contact them.  As of now my package is in a warehouse 5 minutes from me, and once was at my front door (I was gone).  I have been begging Oculus to call UPS.  Today is the last day Oculus can contact UPS before they send the package back.  Lets see if they can commit 15 minutes to help me receive what I have already paid for.  

falken76
Expert Consultant
What is UPS telling you?  The usual process for them is they will make 3 delivery attempts.  Each time they miss they leave an info notice slip with options.  Did the driver mark that signature was required?  If so and you said to leave the package they might not have done so since a signature would be required.  If they miss 3 attempts they hold the package for 5 days before sending it back.  The weird part is Oculus putting a hold on the package.  I hope they get it sorted for you before it goes back.

Fuzzums
Explorer
UPS made 1 delivery attempt and left a notice slip.  After receiving the slip I instructed the package to be delivered to the customer center for pick up, as I have done in the past.  UPS tells me they cannot give me the package because there is an intercept, hold, and wait for instructions, command from Oculus.  They tell me Oculus must tell them what to do with package.

jayhawk
Superstar
Did you know it was coming on Friday?