cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Medium Releases & Updates

naycorn
Heroic Explorer
Welcome to Oculus Medium! Medium uses Touch controllers to let you sculpt, model, paint, and play in virtual reality.

Please post all questions and feedback to this forum. 

You can share your sculpts with us! Find the Medium team @OculusMedium on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Happy sculpting!

Latest Update: 

Medium 2.3.3 Release Notes

km9xq0tlhhdu.png

Fixes:

• Fixed an occasional crash when selecting a Scene Graph node that didn't have an action menu (ie. the Grid node)

258 REPLIES 258

Anonymous
Not applicable

irocziv said:

LVNeptune said:

Is there going to be any fix for the "blurriness" encountered when looking at the virtual touch controllers? Quite a few of us reporting the same thing on reddit.

I'm curious about this too, seems way blurrier than it should be.

It's likely vergence-accomodation conflict (your eyes focus at the " wrong* " depth for objects that appear close in VR), I doubt much can be done about it in software. It's just that for some reason it's happens more in Medium... You can try holding the controllers further away from you, try to "train" your eyes not to focus, try to close one eye, etc.

* Biologically speaking it's the correct depth: in real life if the object is close your eyes need to focus close, but unfortunately the Rift displays stuff in focus only if your eyes are focused far.

XlordB
Adventurer
after hours of fun there is some features id like to see 1- when i am working with layers and i want to position two objects next to each others surface id like to see a snap to  nearest surface option so that say for example i want to make a pole from two layers it will allow both cylinders to snap to each other with the correct alignment. 2- a stretch tool to allow me to lengthen something after i have already created or stamped something. 3.- allowing us to add a light source to an object or just making the emissive material actually project light. also maybe allow us to add extra spotlights?. 4- the lathe.. this tool is excellent however its problematic trying to use it with different layers as it rotates the whole scene maybe would be nice to instead remove it from the scene menu and allow us to add a lathe to a particular layer and then also to have one more option in it gear menu which allows us to centre an object on the lathe as well as horizontally aligning the object to the flat plane (a disc for example) please ? 

edit- one last thing can an option to lock the lathe to a layer (like you can with the camera lock to sculpt) this would remove the need for us to have a recenter to lathe option as the object wont leave the lathe orientation. but we could still move the object any way to better manipulate it. 😉

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I haven't really used it, but I thought the Lathe tool was per layer? I just assumed that because it's accessed through the layer interface. I had been wondering how to make it apply to all layers so I could make a recording of my sculpt rotating. I'll have to mess with it this evening and see exactly what it does.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

XlordB
Adventurer
the lathe tool can be selected and accesses from the scene editor when you turn it on in layers it matters not which layer you are on the whole scene rotates. This is why i suggest to them allowing to add a lathe per layer(object). 😉 you can also access the lathes speed settings etc from the scene area.

XlordB
Adventurer
I had another idea.. its sort of interesting but what if there was a way to paint a material onto an object instead of having to decide the material using layers.. wouldnt that make things kind of easier? maybe im just overthinking it.

VenomousDeath
Honored Guest
Crashed during save, 2X this is unacceptable. One was after 3hrs of sculpting, the second after an hour? Very disappointed? Am I supposed to try and save every 15min?

Why cant I adjust graphics setting to increase Super sampling or Alias?

Most tools don't function at smaller detail or diameter tools, If I want to make fine details its next to impossible?

Need more options for backgorunds, music, lighting?qjtixpdkd9ug.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Am I supposed to try and save every 15min?

I guess you're new to 3D modelling tools?  😛 Seriously though...yes save every 15mins, it's something you learn early on. 🙂

If you want to play music while sculpting Medium will mirror the audio on the desktop, so just set spotify playing before launching and then it will mirror it as soon as it starts up.

KevinLongtime
Heroic Explorer
I make sure to hit quick save a lot in Medium. I've never crashed yet htough...only froze on loading something that made me kill the process on the first release build. havent froze since the update

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I just had my first Medium crash tonight. It always sucks to lose any amount of work. I always try to save regularly, but in this case, I wish I'd done it more recently. I'd say every 15 minutes or less is a good rule.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

naycorn
Heroic Explorer

Patch 1.0.2 Notes

Welcome to Medium! 

Summary:

- A new confirmation dialog now lets you bypass the low-memory warning

- Some UI and tool improvements

- Performance optimizations

- Layer drift should no longer occur!

Details:

- Performance while using Medium with an AMD GPU is improved, and a better experience

- When confronting the low memory warning, you can still commit to the high risk operation (ie. duplicating layers or increasing resolution) 
- Layers will no longer drift over long periods of time without a user moving them

- When highlighting clay, the layer the clay is on will also be highlighted in the layer list

- Rolling the thumbstick from Layer Mode to Undo will no longer undo (Undo will only occur when the thumb stick comes from the center)

- If you hide layers, they won't be exported into an OBJ when you hit "Export"