cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right-side headphone stopped functioning.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello Oculus, I got my rift earlier this week from Bestbuy, and this morning when I put it on I noticed the audio on the right side was cutting in and out till it eventually stopped working all together. I imagine it has to do with the wiring inside as it seems to depend on how tight it is on my head.  Anyways; I don't have a clue about fixing things like this, so I was wondering if you could give any advice on what to do..   Thanks, I really love this product and it just isn't the same with only one side having audio. x_x
231 REPLIES 231

John_Hugo
Honored Guest
Same thing here. Unit is only a few months old. It should be sturdier since so many games involve head movement. I did not buy mine in a store buy directly from Oculus, so I don't know what to do. I am so bummed.

Wilkor
Protege

John_Hugo said:

Same thing here. Unit is only a few months old. It should be sturdier since so many games involve head movement. I did not buy mine in a store buy directly from Oculus, so I don't know what to do. I am so bummed.

Same thing just happened to me. I bought my headset directly from Oculus in October. Right headphone stops working when I move or adjust it in any way and it's hard to get it back to work. Srange, as I do nothing intensive with my headset, I play mostly iRacing and other driving games, not moving my head much, I don't adjust straps at all, I'm the only one using my Rift, I never droped it, I never detached headphones from the Rift untill today.

damiengavard
Honored Guest
Same problem here. Just happened after few minutes using it 😮

Belgor
Protege
I had same problem a few weeks ago, but tightening the screw fixed it for good.

firecopy
Honored Guest
Getting the same problem as SimonVDH. Tightening the screw did not help.

Enmark
Expert Protege
Sound disappeared on right earphone yesterday. noticed the screw was turned vertical. fastened it to it stopped moving and now  the sound is back!...  🙂

cybereality
Grand Champion
Awesome!
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

BBZ149
Protege
Mine just lost the Left Speaker. If I loosen the straps its fine or if I adjust the Right strap the audio comes back!! Are the speakers connected via a runner or cable for the Audio?

jumbli
Heroic Explorer
Mine is having this problem too on the right speaker. Disconnecting / reconnecting didn't help. Tightening the screw didn't help. Moving the strap backwards and forwards makes it come and go. Is there anything else we can try to fix it at home rather than return it for repair?
Developer of Dimensional, The Relentless, Breath Tech, Jigsaw 360 View my dev blog at JumbliVR.com

BBZ149
Protege

There is a design
problem with either a Ribbon Cable or contacts inside the Strap on a runner
that makes contact in the Strap! Unfortunately you will have to go
through the long winded RMA process and be asked have you checked this, that
and everything else when there is clearly a problem inside the Strap!!

There will be more
People having this same problem in the future unless they come up with a proper
fix!!! My unit is going back but I can see this happening again unless they
address the problem! If it goes again after repair ill just use my Bluetooth
Headphones as I’ve been doing for the last Week till it goes off for repair.