cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My Touch Controllers Are Being Held by The UPS because of Oculus

Fuzzums
Explorer
My touch controllers finally came on Friday 12/9/16.  But,  I wasn't home.  After the failed delivery, Oculus sent a message to hold and wait for instructions.  Now it is Wednesday 12/14/16 and I still don't have them.  UPS says Oculus has to finish their instructions and tell them what to do with the package.  I've been to the UPS customer center 4 times now.  I've contacted Oculus multiple times and told them what they need to do.  They (Oculus) seems oblivious about the hold instructions to the UPS.  So far, no solution.  Everyday I get more frustrated.
28 REPLIES 28

Fuzzums
Explorer
I did know.  Like a total geek I was tracking them all the way from LOUISVILLE, KY.  I though I would be home in time to receive them.  Should have sent them to a UPS store for pickup before the first attempt.

kevink808
Superstar

Fuzzums said:

UPS made 1 delivery attempt and left a notice slip.  After receiving the slip I instructed the package to be delivered to the customer center for pick up, as I have done in the past.  UPS tells me they cannot give me the package because there is an intercept, hold, and wait for instructions, command from Oculus.  They tell me Oculus must tell them what to do with package.

This makes no sense. I think UPS is your problem, not Oculus. Tell those morons to attempt a 2nd and 3rd delivery, per their policy, and ensure you are there for it. Take the day off. Call out sick.  Whatever it takes.  I had my controllers and two cams delivered yesterday and those fools sent one guy to my door to check if anyone was home before bringing the packages over.  They were high-tailing it out of there, so good thing I there working in my office with a view to the road where their truck pulls up!
Rift-S, Quest 128GB, GO 64GB.

Fuzzums
Explorer
I was just informed by Oculus that they have reached out to UPS.  My package will now be released, and I should receive a call by the UPS shortly.  My guess is Kevink808 is correct, this is a UPS problem.  But I am still  frustrated that it took 4 days for Oculus to finally make a phone call.  I'm not going to hold my breath, the UPS has told me to come pick the package up before and then said "Sorry, never mind there is a hold", call your shipper".

kevink808
Superstar
I think cybereality is your hero - he said he was looking into it.
Rift-S, Quest 128GB, GO 64GB.

Fuzzums
Explorer
Super Fun Time Update!

UPS did not call me yesterday.  After two phone calls and a day later I have received a call back.  UPS has informed me that they no longer know where my package is....

They have advised me to talk to Oculus to begin and investigation / claim.

elboffor
Consultant
Holy shit balls!
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

This sounds really bad. I may be overly cynical here but for some reason I get the feeling the lost parcel was UPS's problem from the start and someone there was covering themselves with the delivery slip.

Hope you get this sorted @Fuzzumz. Worse case is in my opinion Oculus will have to send another as it ultimately falls to the retail company to take responsibility, at least that's how it is in the UK, as far as I'm aware.

danknugz
Superstar
delivery guy somewhere enjoying his free touch
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text. Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing? A: Top-posting. Q: What is the most annoying thing on forums?

shackdaddy25
Protege
No some will get caught using free oculus serial number is a dead give away. I really don't know why we still have thievery you can not get away with it anymore. 

Fuzzums
Explorer
I have been suspecting exactly what @DaftnDirect has posted.  I think this package has been lost for some time now.  Oculus doesn't even recall putting a hold on the package.  And why would they?