cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Household/Family accounts?

mambo1888
Rising Star
Im just wondering if its possible to create a Family or Household account so that multiple users could play the games purchased on your account but not disrupt your progress or saved games? Ive seen a few people saying that certain games dont have multiple save slots so when they show off games to friends and family they have to pick up from their save game.

It got me thinking if there was a way to link Gamertags within a household you could create multiple users for the family without having to buy the game multiple times, or create a guest sub account so you could show off games to friends without disrupting your progress and allowing them to see whats going on from the start.

The accounts and games could be linked to the one Oculus headset so that you cant buy the game and share it with friends for free but if the accounts are linked you are able to play as long as its on the linked headset.

Not sure if that makes sense or not but it would good to at least be able to log in and then select guest when showing friends and family, then the progress/saves aren't affected.
16 REPLIES 16

mambo1888
Rising Star
Anyone know if this is possible, or something similar?

juup87
Protege
Should saved games be in Appdata folder? If so then you can use theoretically another windows accound. I haven't tried this but it should work in theory.

HoIIywood
Heroic Explorer
Hi mambo, each device is tied to a username and that username has a profile. Each profile has save content both locally and I believe in a cloud. 

You would need to have multiple Rifts in order to accomplish this.

mambo1888
Rising Star
Cheers for the info guys. It seems a bit restrictive, If you were able to log in and then select guest for when you wanted to demo games would be easier. Maybe its a feature that will be added down line somewhere.

Totally agree with this - i've got a 15 year old son who likes to play and it's very restrictive the way most games are at the moment.
Big PC, all the headsets, now using Quest 3

Kaffis
Explorer
This is really a much-needed feature, especially at this stage of the technology's development.

We're the early adopters, and we're showing this stuff off to our friends. Having them not able to hit up the tutorials on games because we've already done them (and many of the games so far have awful checkpoint systems and inaccessible or absent means to replay previous levels) is a barrier to their introduction to the game in addition to being annoying to us as we then return to a game that's not where we left off.

Right now, in this stage of growing the market, this is a more important feature than friends lists and hosting private multiplayer matches, simply because I'm not going to have friends playing this stuff until and unless I can impress them enough by showing my own Rift off to have them go invest.

mambo1888
Rising Star
Yeah really hope they look into adding this as a feature in the near future. Its also something the game developers need to think about, offering multiple save slots could help a lot with this.

mambo1888
Rising Star
@cybereality do you know if this is something Oculus are looking to introduce at some point?

ShizNix
Honored Guest
I'm wanting to buy another rift setup for family but will in no way pay for 1 game 2 or 3 times just so each family member can play a game while I use a different game or app. Any help on this? The Oculus rep at Best Buy had no answers.