cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Squeaky trigger of right touch controller

alexchang734
Explorer
I've started to notice the trigger of the right touch controller start to squeak and it's really bugging me. Anyone else have this problem? And can anyone suggest a way to fix it? Cheers
27 REPLIES 27

HoIIywood
Heroic Explorer
Thanks @stalker81598  you are correct those are the topside buttons. Curiously, that break down review didn't show any of the trigger side material..

Your video nails it though. How did the RMA go? What did you say? Did they offer to pre pay the postage or do an advanced replacement?

And definitely come back to us with an update.

stalker81598
Explorer
I explained the issue to support and they asked me for a video demonstrating the problem. Then they gave me a shipping label to send the whole Touch kit back for a replacement. 

Despite long initial wait times for products to ship, I'm quite satisfied with the customer service I've received so far. It really seems like Oculus is actively trying to improve their products.

I'll update when I receive the replacement units.

HoIIywood
Heroic Explorer
Let's hope so. 

I read some reddit posts where the users claimed that Oculus had done an advanced replacement, which to my knowledge they do not offer. 

Flausn
Expert Protege
i send a video and the other things too...i hope for a good pair too...:( meh

Flausn
Expert Protege

I believe what you have circled there are the A/B buttons.

I have also experienced the issue with the "slapping" trigger on my right controller. Additionally, I noticed increased side-to-side movement of the trigger, particularly when pressed down. I don't think it's an issue with the spring. It seems to me that there must be a small amount of damping material, like a rubber pad, under the trigger which has become dislodged. The underside of the trigger is now hitting the inside of the housing or perhaps the PCB underneath.

Squeaking could be caused by the rubber pad shifting to one side and rubbing against the trigger as it moves. Just guessing here. The iFixit photos don't really show a good close up of the area.

I've contacted Oculus support and arranged for an RMA. I'm holding out hope that this is just a bad batch and not a design flaw. I'd hate to wait however long it takes to get a replacement only to have the same issue pop up again.

Please enjoy a video of my slappy trigger.

https://youtu.be/Bt9nspR-91c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UakM4-bHkCc same here why they dont build quality  products ?

BEARDEDFIGNUTZ
Protege
The trigger on my right touch controller is also very load as if whatever sort of shock absorber that was there, and still seems to be in place on the left controller, is now gone and so it now makes a loud plastic on plastic noise. The trigger also feels as though it wiggles from side to side more than it should, certainly more so than the trigger on the left controller. I understand that being right handed the trigger on the right controller will obviously receive more use. But I have barely went through one battery for each controller. I could understand if this was months from now after many, many hours of use. To be happening this soon is unacceptable.

mav360
Explorer
This issue has just occurred for me, no resistance on trigger and plastic hitting plastic - but being a lefty its in the left hand controller. I am disappointed, its a £200 device - I've had £40 xbox controllers last years with much more hours use and abuse - but I will continue to support Oculus and I want them to succeed, I love the experience the touch with Rift delivers and it really is an amazing product - hopefully it is a first batch issue (got mine on release date in the UK.) I`m hoping as I ordered through John Lewis that the refund and replace will be much easier and quicker - will be dropping by my local John Lewis at the weekend.

NeilTheNameless
Explorer
I've got a squeak on my 2-3 week old Oculus Quest's right controller fire button - Raised a ticket.
Certainly not had any such problem in the years I've owned a Rift 😞

Eastcoast78
Protege
Same my right hand trigger is now making noises. It do sound like a spring. Its not overly loud. But i fear is may get worse. See what happens. Only 2 weeks old...not happy. 

NeilTheNameless
Explorer
I suspect it can be easily rectified by pulling off the trigger and applying a dab of grease. But I'm not going to risk breaking/damaging a 2-3 week old controller doing that without confirmation it can be safetly done!