cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Order Status Updates?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Let me start by saying it's awesome that the rift is shipping and even more awesome that Oculus is giving back to the people who first supported them by supporting them first with the "free" rifts.

I'll try to make this short. Is there any expected email beyond the 1-3 weeks update email that went out? I know that pre-orders will be shipping hopefully sometime this week but it's been agonizing holding my breath for any sort of news on my order. I had my order confirmation 1 minute after pre-orders went live and have an order number 613000025XXXXX.

I know people will probably tell me to be patient but I snapped and wrote this post anyway. My gripes with this pre-order has been that there has been virtually no concrete information coming from Oculus in regards to when people can expect their orders. We've gotten vague information about "the first batch" of orders being sent out later this week but apart from the initial time frame on the original order page it's up to people's best guess as to when their particular order will be shipped. Does "the first batch" refer to particular range of order numbers? Has anybody received any additional emails in regards to pre-orders being shipped? I've seen virtually no information for pre-orders.

I guess I'll just keep holding my breath that my order was early enough to be shipped sometime this week but any extra info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
241 REPLIES 241

Maligator
Protege
So then how the heck did they come up with these order numbers?

Zandil
Rising Star

Maligator said:

This seems to be the most accurate so far in regards to shipping. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4cl56j/order_shipments_are_about_order_time_not_order/

Maligator
Protege

Zandil said:

Maligator said:

This seems to be the most accurate so far in regards to shipping. 

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4cl56j/order_shipments_are_about_order_time_not_order/

OK, thanks. I got the email and I was right at the 6 minute mark using that method.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Checkout: MobileChicken
1-3 week e-mail: March 25th, 00:05 GMT
Pre-order confirmed: 5 mins 49 secs after site went live according to timestamp method.
Order number: 6130000256XXXX
.....nothing else since.

PISSED0FFvr
Protege
Tracking:o4oqw40nojuu.png

IngQuikemon
Protege
I just noticed something weird on my order... yesterday my pre-order was stating $680.89 on the US, and now it says 644... and shipping is valued as 2.41... could that be some kind of compensation for all this trouble?

Lewisc46
Explorer
Yeah mine is the same. Was 528. But now only 499 and says does not include shipping.

Techy111
MVP
MVP
https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/33154/there-is-life-at-oculus-order-page-updated#late...
Investigated here 🙂
A PC with lots of gadgets inside and a thing to see in 3D that you put on your head.

Snoopy850
Honored Guest
Yes finally some news here's a message I received late last night...

"We know you're anxious to receive your Oculus Rift and apologize for not updating your order status sooner. We've been working through an unexpected component shortage, and unfortunately, that issue has impacted the original shipping estimates for some early customers.

We're working hard to get up-to-date ship windows, and you should expect to see your order status updated on oculus.com by Tuesday, April 12. Although many Rifts will be arriving on schedule and in line with original estimates, we'll be covering shipping and handling costs for all orders placed through today.

We're shipping rifts everyday. Don't hesitate to reach out to the Oculus support team if you have additional questions.

The Oculus Team"

23rdtass
Honored Guest

Focux said:

Let me start by saying it's awesome that the rift is shipping and even more awesome that Oculus is giving back to the people who first supported them by supporting them first with the "free" rifts.

I'll try to make this short. Is there any expected email beyond the 1-3 weeks update email that went out? I know that pre-orders will be shipping hopefully sometime this week but it's been agonizing holding my breath for any sort of news on my order. I had my order confirmation 1 minute after pre-orders went live and have an order number 613000025XXXXX.

I know people will probably tell me to be patient but I snapped and wrote this post anyway. My gripes with this pre-order has been that there has been virtually no concrete information coming from Oculus in regards to when people can expect their orders. We've gotten vague information about "the first batch" of orders being sent out later this week but apart from the initial time frame on the original order page it's up to people's best guess as to when their particular order will be shipped. Does "the first batch" refer to particular range of order numbers? Has anybody received any additional emails in regards to pre-orders being shipped? I've seen virtually no information for pre-orders.

I guess I'll just keep holding my breath that my order was early enough to be shipped sometime this week but any extra info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.