cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhot... how do i restart the game?

MikeSpeak24
Protege
Ok so i bought this yesterday and before i could play it i had to go to work and my son decided to play it first.
 When i play it the game just starts without giving me the option to start a new game???
It starts me in an all white environment with a pistol in front of me and when i touch it i am in a market with a bad guy right in front and off we go!

for the love of me i cannot figure out how to start a new game rather than continue from where my son left off 😞

Sorry if i am asking a dumb question but i can't figure it out lmao
22 REPLIES 22

cybereality
Grand Champion
You have to beat the game first to unlock the level select.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

MikeSpeak24
Protege
That seem a bit daft. I am not the only person who uses my Oculus so multiple save slots would be nice 😞
 think i may just reinstall it or even better, delete the save files?

nalex66
MVP
MVP
You can delete or rename the save game to reset progress... The file is in C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\LocalLow\SUPERHOT_Team\SUPERHOT\ and I believe the file name is VRsuper.hot or something like that (not in front of my gaming PC at the moment).

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Anonymous
Not applicable
nalex is correct. I just rename my file when friends come over and then rename it back when I wanna replay my favorite levels.

OpticKing
Expert Trustee
I just moved my save to desktop and delete the new one anytime I need a fresh game. Would be great to have this option in game, the missions aren't even numbered once you've beaten it and no new game/restart option.

FatStoge
Honored Guest
I tried the method you mentioned and it replays the intro but then puts me back to where I left off, which is stuck in the game with nothing to do. (two floating hands, no gun, and the red guy) I tried uninstalling everything and after reinstalling and I'm having the same issue. Are there any other ways to reset this game completely?

OpticKing
Expert Trustee

FatStoge said:

I tried the method you mentioned and it replays the intro but then puts me back to where I left off, which is stuck in the game with nothing to do. (two floating hands, no gun, and the red guy) I tried uninstalling everything and after reinstalling and I'm having the same issue. Are there any other ways to reset this game completely?

Erm, you are supposed to close your fist and punch him. You're not stuck, just have yet to use the correct action. :wink:

cybereality
Grand Champion
You know you can punch people with your hands, right?
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

Kaffis
Explorer
Yeah, you're actually describing the opening of the first level. My guess is your son didn't get very far, and so it's sending you back to the original checkpoint.