cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quill Questions

DaveEliasIrwin
Explorer

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for answers for a few questions that I haven't been able to find by searching here, r/Oculus and by using google.

My Questions are as follows:

1 ) Is there a mirror option ( similar to the one in medium ) that allows me to paint more symmetrically?

2) Is there a way to limit the painting to a 2 dimensional plane? I tend to push and pull the controller when painting, causing my painting to render at different depths. I would like to constrain the brush to just the x / y plane and toggle the z plane when needed.

3 ) Is there an in-depth wiki or user guide. I was unable to find the color picker tool in quill until I pressed every button on both controllers and figured it out. There are other shortcuts I would like to know and an in-depth guide would be a godsend.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

chorne
Adventurer
1) We're working on this feature
2) We're also working on this feature
3) We're changing a bunch of stuff so we haven't put any effort into it. Agreed it would be SUPER useful - so if I can get some time I'll write one up.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

chorne
Adventurer
1) We're working on this feature
2) We're also working on this feature
3) We're changing a bunch of stuff so we haven't put any effort into it. Agreed it would be SUPER useful - so if I can get some time I'll write one up.

Merlock01
Honored Guest
Is there an eye dropper/color picker for the canvas?

schevrel
Protege
You can use the "B" button on your touch controllers (in right hand mode) to pick the color under the drawing cursor.

sertac_ataman_1
Honored Guest

schevrel said:

You can use the "B" button on your touch controllers (in right hand mode) to pick the color under the drawing cursor.

Hi, I use touch controllers in the left hand mode and I can not use the "Y" button to pick the color. Is anyone else have that problem before? Thanks! 🙂

timcase
Honored Guest
great post! thanks for sharing

jim_cousins_50
Honored Guest
anybody know how to easily search quill experiences? I want to save a few to show others, but it's not intuitive. I've seen some great ones and can't get back to them.

Is there any updates on feature 1 (mirror) and 2 (limited 2 dimensional painting)?