cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oculus Medium Releases & Updates

naycorn
Heroic Explorer
Welcome to Oculus Medium! Medium uses Touch controllers to let you sculpt, model, paint, and play in virtual reality.

Please post all questions and feedback to this forum. 

You can share your sculpts with us! Find the Medium team @OculusMedium on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Happy sculpting!

Latest Update: 

Medium 2.3.3 Release Notes

km9xq0tlhhdu.png

Fixes:

• Fixed an occasional crash when selecting a Scene Graph node that didn't have an action menu (ie. the Grid node)

258 REPLIES 258

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant

- Layer drift should no longer occur!

- Layers will no longer drift over long periods of time without a user moving them 

Best news I've had all day. Just spent the last 3 hours swearing at this!  😄

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yaay i can finish my robot bust now without layer drifting!

jayhawk
Superstar

FrozenPea said:

Am I supposed to try and save every 15min?

I guess you're new to 3D modelling tools?  😛 Seriously though...yes save every 15mins, it's something you learn early on. 🙂

If you want to play music while sculpting Medium will mirror the audio on the desktop, so just set spotify playing before launching and then it will mirror it as soon as it starts up.

Does Medium crash due to running out of memory? It crashed on me and I had to start completely over on setup as if I just bought the Rift/Touch.

poguee
Honored Guest
How do I see the recordings outside the medium interface? Is there a setting to change from the .rec file extension? When I view the .rec file in a player it just has the photo...

XlordB
Adventurer

FrozenPea said:

Yaay i can finish my robot bust now without layer drifting!

did it work? i started rudolf last night and lost symmetry

MattHickman
Rising Star
@poguee

Recordings aren’t actually a video. They are a special VR-only format for use in Oculus Medium. We will be adding video export support in a later update. 

Knogen
Explorer
I can´t see any stamps in Medium, not in the clay settings or in the "home"-menu. If I hover above them I can read about them but I can´t see them. I can of course use them, but it would be nice to be able to preview them in the thumbnails.
And everytime I close Medium, it crashes.
I have GTX 1070, no OC.

Devilstower
Expert Protege
I was having the invisible stamps issue, along with an issue where the Single option created nothing, regardless of resolution, scale or placement. However, a reboot of the whole system -- not just Medium -- solved the issue.

WOLVERINES96
Protege

FIXED IT! The problem both for Quill AND Medium was that I was running MSI Afterburner and RivaTuner as I normally do. They were causing a negative interaction with both of these programs and causing the massive stuttering and artifacting in Quill and the OpenGL error code and game crash of Medium. If you've got these issues, and you run Afterburner and RivaTuner, quit the programs and the games will run! SCORE! I've tested both games turning the programs on and off, problems come back when Afterburner and Riva are running, and go away when quit. Phew. 

I am not running either of these programs that I know of and many of my games bought through the oculus store do not work.
Does anyone from Oculus rerspond to anything on this forum?  I have emailed them with no response/

tomofnz
Explorer
Here are a few reaction type Suggestions:
  • easier placement of symmetry planes relative to the ground grid
  • smooth tool is much weaker than other tools like inflate ... which often makes it annoying to use
  • a variant of flatten more like zbrush hpolish or a clay mallet (the current tool feels more like using a cylinder to erase
  • increase resolution might have an indicator to help you know how many steps the current layer has
  • paint a surface to apply or limit effect on that area (masking really
  • paint with a drybrush style
  • remesh layer to remove internal structures
  • a melt tool, more agressive smooth to maintain large shapes but remove minor surface noise
  • quicker button control for switching Clay add/erase  
  • quicker button control for switching Clay tool/smooth tool
  • option to replace input audio (for example deflate is physically annoying
  • a lattice deformer
  • transform layers tool like in quill
  • option to replace whisk tool button with Last stamp button (whisk tool is a relative gimmick
  • paint (more PBR control, for example Roughness, Metal, Wet, Coating... currently only hsl
  • autopolish new surface option, with control on border with existing surface (handy on erased edges
  • toggle to make straight line constraint placeable by pinning two points rather than lining up an edge by eyeballing it
  • stamp size max scale can continue past top of thumbstick slider range