cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Superhot VR- Loading Issues HELP?!

Tigerstyle86
Honored Guest
I purchased Superhot today, put about an hour into it...then punch the wall accidentally. Embarrassing... but happened. Anyway, the game froze and I just went ahead and restarted my computer to inspected my touch controllers...they are fine and no damage done thankfully. Anyway, I went back to start up Superhot and it just won't load. It brings up black screen and won't load...no error message or anything. I can still access the menu through the touch controls or tab out without any delay or any seeming freezing issues. I have played other games and everything else works perfectly. I have uninstalled and reinstalled not only Superhot alone but the entire Oculus app and still it won't load.GPU Tweak shows no activity so it seems like whatever the problem is starts with the very loading of the game...but no clue what the hell the problem is.  I am at my wits end with what the problem could be any suggestions would be appreciated. 

On a side note the one hour I did play was amazing. Great game. 
14 REPLIES 14

falken76
Expert Consultant
Open windows explorer and paste this into the url

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\SUPERHOT_Team\SUPERHOT_VR

Then delete VRsuper.hot 

That's the save game file, that might get it "unstuck"

You could rename it to something like VRsuper.hot.bak if you want to save it. 

Tigerstyle86
Honored Guest
Thanks for the feedback, I might win no0b of the week award but when you say paste that link into explorer do you mean the Edge browser...if so its not really working...

falken76
Expert Consultant
No windows explorer is the program you use to go through files on windows.  On windows 10 it is the icon at the bottom of the screen that looks like a Manilla Folder between Internet Explorer (The Big Blue E) and the Windows Store icon.  Here's a link to show you how.  I guess they call it file explorer now, years ago it was called windows explorer.

http://www.digitalcitizen.life/9-ways-open-file-explorer-windows-10

Tigerstyle86
Honored Guest
Okay, now I see what you are saying. The path is not correct as I have it on a secondary E drive SSD. However, tracing the file back I have found all the superhot files, but do you know what exactly the save files are? There are a ton of resource assets files, RESS files, and other stuff. Maybe I have to alter the output log? 

Tigerstyle86
Honored Guest
Nevermind! I found the file and did what you said and BAM works. Thanks a ton! 

Tigerstyle86
Honored Guest
Thanks falken76 for taking time to help out. Very much appreciated! 

falken76
Expert Consultant
No problem, enjoy being the action hero that game makes us all feel like  🙂

wastedcells
Honored Guest
I have the same issue and oculus support still hasn't got back to me. I been dying to play this game. Hope this works. 

wastedcells
Honored Guest
The day it came out this happened to me. I was so in love with this game and bam. Couldn't find anything online and resorted to creating a ticket........ Days go by and I stumble on this and just like that it works again. Thanks Falken76. For real.