cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Medium crash on startup

LV-426
Explorer
Hello,

Medium is crashing every time I try to run it.

- I run the Oculus App as administrator
- I tried to uninstall and reinstall the Oculus App and Medium
- I'm running Windows 10

Most of the apps works fine except Quill and Medium... I've opened another post for Quill in the right forum.

thanks!

GM

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

LV-426
Explorer
Hello!

I realized that the origin of the problem was my monitor plugged into the motherboard Display Port. Both oculus ad steam gave me a huge amount of errors.

I plugged the monitor into the Nvidia Display port and everything went fine! 

Cheers,

Gian Mario

View solution in original post

WOLVERINES96
Protege
SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought a display port-HDMI adapter and EVERYTHING worked!!!!!!!! Now everything is running through the graphics card.  I did not know what the other ports were called until I called Dell and asked what was going on. 

This should be in the instructions and a cable provided.  Would have saved me HOURS of frustration

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Mace404
Heroic Explorer
Do you have your documents folder redirected to a network location?
I noticed when using UNC in the redirection Medium would not load.
There is a registry key under HKEY_Current_User\Software\Oculus\Medium called LibraryDirectory
You can put your own path in there for the Medium documents.

LV-426
Explorer
Hi, it was actually pointing to the defaul directory. I changed the registry and restarted Windows but the log is identical. It's just my secondary Hard Drive, and not a network drive.

It's still crashing. Thanks anyway 🙂

eightbitjuan
Protege
I was experiencing an issue opening Medium while I had MSI Afterburner open. After exiting Afterburner, Medium opened perfectly!
CPU: i7 7700K, GPU: EVGA SC GTX 1070, Mobo: MSI Z270M Mortar, USB: Mobo + Inatec 4 Port Expansion Card, VR: CV1 + Touch + 2 Extra Sensors | Steam Origin Uplay Twitter: eightbitJuan

LV-426
Explorer
Hello!

I realized that the origin of the problem was my monitor plugged into the motherboard Display Port. Both oculus ad steam gave me a huge amount of errors.

I plugged the monitor into the Nvidia Display port and everything went fine! 

Cheers,

Gian Mario

WOLVERINES96
Protege
SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought a display port-HDMI adapter and EVERYTHING worked!!!!!!!! Now everything is running through the graphics card.  I did not know what the other ports were called until I called Dell and asked what was going on. 

This should be in the instructions and a cable provided.  Would have saved me HOURS of frustration

Xayners
Honored Guest
I just got the Oculus and I can't get Medium to run either. Not sure how to get it to run.

MattHickman
Rising Star

Xayners said:

I just got the Oculus and I can't get Medium to run either. Not sure how to get it to run.

There are a few threads with solutions, a lot of times there are issues with: old drivers, running gpu overclockers or tuners, malware apps, if you have the oculus software and/or medium installed on drives other than c:, a lot of the apps MSI installs behind the scenes can cause issues. 

Are you able to run Quill? 

francesco_strug
Honored Guest
Hello I have the same problem. It crashes, but my laptop has just 1 display port. Qhat can I do?
Also Google Earth VR is not working, and when something works it is incredibly slow.

I have a Presision Dell i7- RAM 32 Gb - P4000 QUADRO 8Gb Video - 

Is it not enough?

yaloopop
Honored Guest
I am having a similar issue. I have msi laptop and I am pretty newbie to the world of pc. oculus medium ran fine for last three days. only since yesterday, It crashes on start up. I reinstalled oculus, oculus medium, updated everything that I can find. please help!