cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Space Pirate Trainer - this is freaking amazing

Mellzor
Protege
So I was a bit sceptical about Space Pirate Trainer at first.
But with the xmas sales I got it.

I gotta say, holy smokes this game is **** awesome !

There is a shield ingame to reflect bullets, but you can also change it to a sabre / sword type of stick.
The sword can also deflect bullets back, or just slash through a bot.

Sword in left hand, Gun in right hand, and feel badass like Kirito deflecting entire streams of bullets back while doing some crazy matrix-michael jackson-fusion movements.

Oh man I'm in love.

The graphics are actually pretty amazing, especially the explosions.
And the soundtrack is brutal.
I find myself frantically waving around my 2 lightsabers like glow sticks in between the waves going completely mental rofl 😄

You have a regular mode where the bullets will enter slow motion as they come close to you, and the hardcore mode where everything just goes full speed.

At some point I was deflecting bullets going only by the sound, the 3d sound is phenomenal, its so good that you can actually pinpoint the shots / shooters location.

So get in shape and master the sword at the same time.

GET TO IT !
63 REPLIES 63

nalex66
MVP
MVP
Cool. I have this from the Touch Launch bundle, but I haven't tried it yet. Hopefully I can get to it next week when I'm off work. I've got such a game backlog to tackle!

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

Mellzor
Protege
Yea I didn't get the bundle, so buying one game at a time, playing until I hate it and then move on.
But xmas deals did me in xD

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yea that game is very fun and addicting, it brings me back to arcade style gaming - trying to keep beating the high score. I love that once you get in a groove you start to feel like a badass because you are truly performing all the actions, not like a traditional video game where you are just pressing buttons. But when climbing up the levels you find that they just get ridiculously hard, and how in the hell can some people get those super high scores. They must posses the power of the force or something. 

Percy1983
Superstar
Am I right in thinking this is just a wave shooter or is there more to it? interested how long the re playability lasts?
Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 + 16GB RAM 1866mhz + i5-3570K at 4.5Ghz + Coolermaster Nepton 140XL cooler Sapphire 8GB RX 580 Nitro+ 256Gb SDD Samsung Evo 850 +3x2TB in raid 0 with 64GB SSD cache Thermaltake Level 10 GT Snow Edition + Toughpower 875w

Anonymous
Not applicable

Percy1983 said:

Am I right in thinking this is just a wave shooter or is there more to it? interested how long the re playability lasts?

Yes, Wave shooter with little mini bosses every now and then. Also has power ups. 

** Tip: you don't have to use the powerups the moment you see them. Save them till you know you're gonna hit a big wave, so you can have Shields + Rockets + auto pistols to go crazy. 

Basically, if you've enjoyed oldschool arcade style wave shooters, this has a good amount of re-playability. Always trying to beat your last best score.

maxpare79
Trustee
Yeah played it a bunch a few months back on my friends Vive, and thought, yeah this is cool but you know, not that different from other wave shooters. Today I bought it because of the price and now it looks like the dev did give it some love, different weapons, power ups...anyway for the price it's a no brainer
I am a spacesim/flightsim/racesim enthusiast first 🙂 I9 9900k@5.0, 32gb RAM/ 2080ti Former DK2, Gear VR,CV1 and Rift S owner

Wildt
Consultant
I'm deffo buying it if it's one of the daily deals in the winter sale!

Heard quite a lot of people praising this title.
PCVR: CV1 || 4 sensors || TPcast wireless adapter || MamutVR Gun stock V3
PSVR: PS4 Pro || Move Controllers || Aim controller
WMR: HP Reverb

Mellzor
Protege
Try equipping 2 lightsabers and use them as glow sticks to the beat while dodging and only deflecting the bullets (when no-one's watching) :blush:

And try deflecting bullets by slashing each bullet individually instead of just holding the sword in front of the bullets. (you can also deflect the bullets / lasers by slashing trough it sideways)

Its so very satisfying 😄

Shalashaska
Explorer
Is there coop in the game? A friend and I have only been doing coop games.