cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sensors - Upside Down or Rightside up

shadowrydr
Protege
Ok, real quick... Is it an issue to hang the sensors upside down from the ceiling that will cause tracking issues? 

Thanks for the reply. 
Cheers
Win10 64bit Intel 6 Core i7 5930 3.5GZ-Water cooled/GA-X99 UD4-/HX1000W PS/32GB DDR4 2400MHz Nvidia 1080 FE 8GB / 840 GB-SSD-/ 2TB HDD-
20 REPLIES 20

Greyman
Superstar
From other threads on the forum, having sensors upside down might cause the play area, and its associated guardian walls to move, but nothing has been confirmed yet, as far as I know.

apart from that it should work and quite a few peeps on here seem to be using sensors in an inverted state, so "suck it and see" might be the best bet.

leo1954au
Adventurer
I tried this and all my home screen was out of place and I would have had to run the oculus setup all again so put them back the way they were

Dragonbeast157
Explorer
I use my sensor upside down from the roof and its working perfectly. Printed this bracket from: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1632488 and mounted above my screens of the roof. Out of the way and I have no issues with tracking. 

shadowrydr
Protege
Thanks for the feed back, my desk is a little small and I want to mount them from the ceiling. I just ordered my 3rd sensor, should be here in the new year.. Cheers
Win10 64bit Intel 6 Core i7 5930 3.5GZ-Water cooled/GA-X99 UD4-/HX1000W PS/32GB DDR4 2400MHz Nvidia 1080 FE 8GB / 840 GB-SSD-/ 2TB HDD-

Comic_Book_Guy
Superstar
I have 1/3 upside down. No issues. I've played " room scale" material too. Nothing weird to speak of. 

Wildlyfe
Honored Guest
Sensors upside down have always caused problems no matter how many 1, 2 ,3, 4. I currently have 4 and have tried upright and upside down multiple times with 1-4 sensors and the guardian boundaries shift as well as my whole view. It is practically unusable in the upside down config. It is a shame because I have a drop down ceiling with tiles and can run the wires where they cant be seen and the sensors fit perfectly tucked into a corner of the tile. It was part of the reason I went with the Rift because I seen everyone with them upside down. I wish Oculus would give you an option to check that your sensor is inverted it has to be a software fixable problem.

SuperTuck
Expert Protege

Wildlyfe said:

Sensors upside down have always caused problems no matter how many 1, 2 ,3, 4. I currently have 4 and have tried upright and upside down multiple times with 1-4 sensors and the guardian boundaries shift as well as my whole view. It is practically unusable in the upside down config. It is a shame because I have a drop down ceiling with tiles and can run the wires where they cant be seen and the sensors fit perfectly tucked into a corner of the tile. It was part of the reason I went with the Rift because I seen everyone with them upside down. I wish Oculus would give you an option to check that your sensor is inverted it has to be a software fixable problem.

Do four work when right side up?

Luciferous
Consultant
I have one upside down and one right way up with no problems since install.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I currently have one of two sensors inverted and it does seem to have some issues with Guardian Boundaries and some freezing. I had no such issues with both right-side-up.