cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Arizona Sunshine is AWESOME, please tell me how to DROP ITEMS.

redmantab
Protege
Title says it all.  Excellent game, well made, actually feel like I'm looting all the cars on the freeway and love it.  I am about 30 minutes in and have found 4 guns.  How on earth do I DROP the gun I don't want?  All I can do is swap the guns when I reach out to get the other one.  I've tried holstering but then it just swaps. Can someone tell me how to do this or what I'm missing?

Thank you!
25 REPLIES 25

Cerebus06
Explorer
@jackhammerVR - thanks for tips 2 & 3... I finished the single player campaign a couple days ago and was frustrated at the (apparent) lack of ability to replenish my health.  Now that I know I can, I'll run through it again.  I have to agree with everyone's opinion here on Arizona Sunshine... awesome game.  And for me that's ironic, because I normally don't enjoy zombie games - I bought AS just as another Oculus shooter title after playing the Bullet Train tech demo to death.

Sinstalker21
Heroic Explorer
lol @ Jack...(do not throw the touch controller....straps are your friends here)...hehe

jackhammerVR
Protege

Cerebus06 said:

@jackhammerVR - thanks for tips 2 & 3... I finished the single player campaign a couple days ago and was frustrated at the (apparent) lack of ability to replenish my health.  Now that I know I can, I'll run through it again.  I have to agree with everyone's opinion here on Arizona Sunshine... awesome game.  And for me that's ironic, because I normally don't enjoy zombie games - I bought AS just as another Oculus shooter title after playing the Bullet Train tech demo to death.

I've been binge watching The Walking Dead.... serious fun to go shoot some zombies after a particularly traumatizing episode.... I just wish we could knife/hack/chop zombies in the head.... 

JeremyC85
Heroic Explorer
sooo has anyone figured out how to drop a gun?

weasel47
Heroic Explorer

JeremyC85 said:

sooo has anyone figured out how to drop a gun?

I don't think it's possible. It's also not necessary. 

rVRcloset
Heroic Explorer

tonysarun said:

I dont have touch. Can I just use the xbox controller?

I would go so far to say that it's worth picking up touch just for this title. It's awesome!
Haven't had this much fun with zombies since I first played Resident Evil on Playstation. 🙂

The Closet Sim Rig
Aourus Pro Z390 - i7 8086K 32GB Ram - MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio 11GB - Windows 10  / GT Omega WS - NLR V3 - RS6 - Jetseat kw-908 / Fanatec CSW 2.5 / Fanatec ClubSport V3 pedals / Fanatec SQ Shifter 1.5 / Fanatec CS HB V.1.5 / HE SQ Shifter / SHH Shifter / TH8A Shifter / G27 Shifter - Button Box / DSD Button Box / BBJ Button Box / Wind simulator / Rift - S

Sinstalker21
Heroic Explorer
I can't drop a gun but you can pick up a hammer or throwing knife and drop it then your hand is empty but why do you want a hand w/ nothing? you can do almost anything w/ a gun in it.

SuperTuck
Expert Protege
Because it doesn't 'feel' as good doing other things with a gun in that hand. I wanted to holster my gun and then use the hand to do whatever... call it a kink.

cybereality
Grand Champion
You can holster your weapon by placing your hands at your waist on the side and pressing the grip trigger.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV

LeaderOfTheBlin
Explorer

You can holster your weapon by placing your hands at your waist on the side and pressing the grip trigger.

But once you've picked up 3 or 4 guns the holster feature just swaps guns. We could do with some shoulder style second holsters (might get confused with the grenades though). 

Doesnt cause any any issues, however, as @SuperTuck said, it just feels more realistic having to have empty hands to manipulate other items. Brilliant game though, probably my favourite VR game (until Robot Recall is released). 

Other good old games are Raw Data, Sariento VR and Bullet Sorrow (windows 7 compatible mode fixes the weird gun/Touch angle issue). 

Rift is a amazing at room-scale, loving that the majority of the Vive games work!! Hurry up and officially support it Oculus 🙂