cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Christmas surprise in Oculus Home

cybernettr
Superstar
 There is a Christmas (am I allowed to say that word?) Surprise in Oculus Home. I didn't notice it at first, and I launched a couple of games, but after the second game I noticed some music and there it was! I won't say more than that for now. Some other changes to the decor such as the objects in the wall have also changed. Also, maybe I didn't notice this before, but one of the books on the floor  has the silhouette of Zoe from Farlands on it - a nice little touch. 
33 REPLIES 33

kzintzi
Trustee
Many Positive feelings over this Primary Gifting Period :tongue:

(just wait for Easter and I'll wish you all a Merry Nailing Day)
Though you are more than slightly incoherent, I agree with you Madam,
a plum is a terrible thing to do to a nostril.

nalex66
MVP
MVP
I offend my wife at Easter by calling Good Friday "Jesus-on-a-stick day", and Easter Sunday "Zombie Jesus day". 

I'm sorry.  😞

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

CrashFu
Consultant
I've never actually seen a real human being get offended by Christmas, with the exception of obviously staged videos trying to pander likes on Facebook from the anti-PC crowd.  Probably because 90% of our beloved Christmas traditions and imagery are pagan in origin or invented by modern corporations to sell shit, with a vague connotation of Jesus ductaped on as an after-thought, and most non-Christians are well aware of that, and are used to living in predominantly Christian countries and having our holidays shoved in their faces.

But every year I hear about Anti-PC people throwing tantrums in stores because someone wished them "Happy Holidays" or starting boycotts against starbucks because their cups "aren't Christmassy enough", so if you want to talk about people getting "offended" or "triggered", it's not the culturally and religiously inclusive who are getting their knickers in a twist around the holidays. :wink:

But hey, Merry Christmas all the same. I too thought that the Home screen was delightful.
It's hard being the voice of reason when you're surrounded by unreasonable people.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

nalex66 said:

I offend my wife at Easter by calling Good Friday "Jesus-on-a-stick day", and Easter Sunday "Zombie Jesus day". 

I'm sorry.  😞

I'm a big fan of Zombie Jesus Day.

I tend to offend random people in real life whenever I (accidentally) replace "holy shit!" with "jumpin jelly bean jesus!"

Oh and for the record, I do love Jesus. And jelly beans.

flexy123
Superstar
So *is* there an actual "surprise" or is he just talking about the holiday theme in general?

OpticKing
Expert Trustee

Zenbane said:

I'm a big fan of Zombie Jesus Day.

Fun fact - As a teen, I used to shoot Zombie Jesus in the face. As a part of one of my old favorite badass action games, "Madness Interactive" stole hour after hour from me. Stringing combos of badassary together are the main reasons superhot and raw data get so much praise. Madness was the equivalent back in the flash games craze.
In fact if anyone wanted, here's a link to the orig I used to play back in the day.

Note: The downloadable version is better, and bullet time is needed.

- http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/118826 - and here's a link to the newer one I've yet to try, "next gen mod"
- http://www.kongregate.com/games/somegamer/madness-interactive-next-gen-mod

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
@OpticKing we are brothers from other mothers.

Greyman
Superstar
The surprise is the new festive decor that you will see in your headset, if you loiter in Oculus Home for any length of time.

elboffor
Consultant
So saying happy holidays is offensive now?

In which case id like to wish you all a holiday that is higher on the happiness scale than average.
This is my forum signature.
There are many others like it, but this is mine.

RorschachPhoeni
Trustee

Zenbane said:

Oh and for the record, I do love Jesus. And jelly beans.

Love is love, right?
Excuse my bad english. I speak to you through the google translator. 😛