cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I would recommend a Vive for Roomscale, Tired of USB issues, Tired of HMD disconnects...

Maxxgold
Rising Star
  Ok, I said it. You know a lot of you are already thinking it. Especially if you paid for the 3rd sensor.

The USB nightmares are just ridiculous. I purchased the Inateck card and bought all the recommended cables, and guess what? I have daily issues with sensors cutting out, sound cutting out, and the HMD cutting out.

I can change ports, and enable and disable playback sound, and get everything working, and I can get in long play sessions without any issues, but I'm thinking there just shouldn't be this many issues. Especially when I can go visit my friend and play games on the VIVE with ZERO issues. 

I'm not selling my Rift, I love it, but if I were to recommend room-scale to someone, there is no way I could tell someone to buy a Rift. I'm tech savvy, so I can deal with it. I feel terrible for those people who aren't tech savvy, and they spent close to one thousand dollars, to get shit on.

I finally decided this when my friend told me he spent 110 dollars on this USB card that has separate processors for each USB-port. I was thinking " hey I'll pick up this 110 dollar USB card to solve my USB problems." Then I came to my senses and was like, " why the hell should I spend another 110 dollars!!!"

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XPUHO10/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=296R0JAB3VFJH&col...

TLDR: if you want room-scale, save yourself time and money and buy a Vive. If you want room-scale and you buy a Rift, even with approved products, you will be constantly having issues.
45 REPLIES 45

Zenbane
MVP
MVP

Maxxgold said:
No, what he is saying, is that does my pc also have issue if I use it with a Vive. So he is slyly saying my PC is the problem. You guys put up with him so much,that you can't even see what it is he does. Anyways, When it works, my tracking is flawless. 

I'm not saying your PC is the problem. I'm asking if you have verified that the Vive works with your PC. Since you recommended it.

Simple question.

Maxxgold
Rising Star

Zenbane said:

Maxxgold said:

Zenbane said:

Have you hooked up a Vive to your current PC?

Please go troll somewhere else, and to the mod who deleted my post, what a loser. Zenbane is clearly not promoting this thread with anything constructive. He is doing what he normally does. You ban the guy, and then let him continue on with his classless tactics. Priceless!

I asked a perfectly reasonable question. You are recommending the Vive for room-scale and I'm asking if you have tried it on your PC. That makes me a "troll" ??

The only reason I am not putting you in your place right now is because I promised @cybereality I'd give a more valiant effort.

I will keep it on topic: if you are telling people that you prefer the Vive for room-scale based on issues with your current PC, then you should probably attempt using the Vive on your current PC.

No, you didn't, You started in with a dig, to try and get a response from me. You are nothing more than a troll. Everyone knows it, so go try your BS somewhere else. I'm way smarter than you will ever be Zenbane, your BS might work with the feeble-minded. Like I said to you in a private message, " I will eat you for lunch."

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
This is not a dig:
"Have you hooked up a Vive to your current PC?"

Other people seem to understand the point of the question. And if you were smarter than me  you would have answered the question by now. But it appears that the answer is, "no." You have not tried a Vive with your current PC. So now your mind is racing and you're filling in blanks that I never presented.

Your offense is as transparent as taunt saran wrap.

Maxxgold
Rising Star
Here is the guy who isn't a troll, private messaging me. Classy Zenbane, Classy. How long did it take you to go from 0 to way out of bounds?
d2hwfc95knws.jpg

jayhawk
Superstar

Maxxgold said:

jayhawk said:

Maxxgold said:

Zenbane said:

Please go troll somewhere else, and to the mod who deleted my post, what a loser. Zenbane is clearly not promoting this thread with anything constructive. He is doing what he normally does. You ban the guy, and then let him continue on with his classless tactics. Priceless!

Wow really? lol. You ok man?

Yeah, I'm ok, what about you? If you don't have anything positive to say. Like your buddy Zanbane then go troll somewhere else.

You are the shining example of positive. I will follow your lead.

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
So maxxgold sends me a message threatening to eat me for lunch, and after I accept his challenge he is spamming the forum making it seem like I started the whole thing. Good stuff.

Maxxgold
Rising Star

Zenbane said:

So maxxgold sends me a message threatening to eat me for lunch, and after I accept his challenge he is spamming the forum making it seem like I started the whole. Good stuff.

Dude, don't try to brush under the rug what you said. What I said is trivial to your statement. I have no problem with what I said. You can post the whole thread. 

lo9e6grdu9mn.jpg

Zenbane
MVP
MVP
I don't think you know what brushing something under the rug means. I am simply acknowledging what is happening, which is basically you over-reacting to a simple question in this thread, and then you going crazy because after you message me first to insult me privately, you go public with the response I gave.

You are acting kinda craycray.

Maxxgold
Rising Star

jayhawk said:

Maxxgold said:

jayhawk said:

Maxxgold said:

Zenbane said:

Wow really? lol. You ok man?

Yeah, I'm ok, what about you? If you don't have anything positive to say. Like your buddy Zanbane then go troll somewhere else.

You are the shining example of positive. I will follow your lead.

Yeah I will. Here is your hero responding to me. Stay classy @jayhawk
qgo2s3k2cioe.jpg

Maxxgold
Rising Star

Zenbane said:

I don't think you know what brushing something under the rug means. I am simply acknowledging what is happening, which is basically you over-reacting to a simple question in this thread, and then you going crazy because after you message me first to insult me privately, you go public with the response I gave.

You are acting kinda craycray.

I'm actually pretty calm. I would say you are the one acting cray cray. But feel free to try and talk your way out of this. That's what you do right. You think you are so smart, and  the rest of us can't stand up to you. Nice try.
vvjjmon48hna.jpg