Touch Support FAQ: LOOK HERE FIRST! - Page 5 — Oculus
New to the forums? Click here to read the "How To" Guide.

Developer? Click here to go to the Developer Forums.

Touch Support FAQ: LOOK HERE FIRST!

Comments

• kevink808kevink808 Posts: 793 Poster of the Week
    I have 3 cams active, 4th inactive at the moment.  They are in a 10 x 10 room in opposing corners.  Perfect tracking with cams 1 & 2 at 10 ft apart. Cams 2 and 3 (opposing) are 14 ft apart.
    Gear: Liquid cooled MSI Z170A PC Mate | Intel i7-6700K | 32GB DDR4 SDRAM 3000 Mhz | GeForce GTX 1080, Acer Predator XB241H G-Sync, Rift/Touch/3 cams, Oculus GO 64GB.
  • PaulduslerPauldusler Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Is it normal that my right touch controller has a much stronger and louder vibration than the left controller?
    I've noticed the same thing. Left one sounds more subtle but the right controller has a much louder buzz sound to it when vibrating. You can clearly tell the difference during Guardian setup when you hold both controller triggers down to setup your area. Was thinking it was probably just a defect on mine but maybe not.
    I contacted the support about this and they said that this is not normal. Both controllers should give the same amount of vibrations. I already ordered a replacement from Amazon. I hope the replacement will work fine.
  • KevinLongtimeKevinLongtime Posts: 283
    Nexus 6
    @Pauldusler I think my irregularity went away. That or I just haven't noticed it in a long time.
  • PaulduslerPauldusler Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    @Pauldusler I think my irregularity went away. That or I just haven't noticed it in a long time.
    I received my replacement today and both controllers have the same amount of vibrations now. So my old ones ware defective.
  • ApplecorpApplecorp Posts: 741
    3Jane
    Imeleon said:
    Yeah I imagine there's some give with the distance. 
    But the diagonal setup thing will make a difference. 
    What actually happens (or doesn't happen) if you don't set them diagonally?
  • ImeleonImeleon Posts: 105
    Art3mis
    Imagine you have one directly in front and one directly behind you. If you turn and face left or right there will be a blind spot where one hand can obscure the other hand(sort of). But more importantly the controller will jump from being tracked by the front sensor to the rear sensor. 

Someone did a nice picture from testing this a while back but I've no idea what to search for to find it. 
    The problem is lessened(not eliminated) by having the sensors diagonally to you. 

• FlausnFlausn Posts: 187
    Art3mis
    Is it normal that my right touch controller has a much stronger and louder vibration than the left controller?
    no.
  • cyberealitycybereality Posts: 26,156 Oculus Staff
    If you are experiencing senor USB connectivity issues, please try different USB ports (USB 2.0 tends to be more reliable) or purchase this USB add-on card which has been tested and should be working.
    https://www.amazon.com/Inateck-Superspeed-Ports-PCI-Expansion/dp/B00B6ZCNGM
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • VRoaaarVRoaaar Posts: 45
    Brain Burst
    If you are experiencing senor USB connectivity issues, please try different USB ports (USB 2.0 tends to be more reliable) or purchase this USB add-on card which has been tested and should be working.
    https://www.amazon.com/Inateck-Superspeed-Ports-PCI-Expansion/dp/B00B6ZCNGM
    ... and run this script before putting the Rift on your head: https://forums.oculus.com/community/discussion/comment/478624#Comment_478624. Highly recommended.

• THE_DEVASTATORQ8THE_DEVASTATORQ8 Posts: 4
    NerveGear
    hi cubereality I have a problem with my rift it is so glitch and I and I did the sensor setup again and again it wont work help
    You can try contacting Oculus Support. 
    https://support.oculus.com/
    AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i
    Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
  • DancebladeDanceblade Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Quill is not working on my Windows 10 system. It stops with an error. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but that has not worked. I have a feeling that uninstalling does not remove some of the other files needed, which may be corrupt. All my other Oculus software, including Touch software works fine. Any ideas?
    Check the Quill forum, there are a few support threads at the top that may help.
    https://forums.oculus.com/community/categories/quill
  • sjalexander702sjalexander702 Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    my 2nd code I got still don't work
  • galovrgalovr Posts: 1
    NerveGear
    Hello cybereality, I pre-ordered the touch from best buy canada, as you know the dates were different here, but I didnt get any email with the bonus games codes, I was wondering if I am entitled to these games (unspoken and vr sports).
    Thanks.
    Those 2 games were pre-order bonuses for early purchasers. I believe the cut-off date was Dec 6th.
  • roontuneroontune Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    How often is UPS picking up shipments? My Touch controllers have been waiting for pickup from UPS since yesterday afternoon and were not picked up today.  Seems weird that they didn't seeing today was a business day.

If this is out of your area, I understand!

• roontuneroontune Posts: 2
    NerveGear
    Can anyone tell me why my layment method is being rejected? I have entered the proper details but still won't accept them. I'm in the uk
    I don't think anyone here could know that. Best to reach out to support for help.
    https://tickets.oculus.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
  • Sinstalker21Sinstalker21 Posts: 253 Poster of the Week
    edited January 2017
    roontune said:
    Can anyone tell me why my layment method is being rejected? I have entered the proper details but still won't accept them. I'm in the uk
    I had that issue at the start as well.  Come to find out they needed to go over my acct and update it to allow me due to when I cancelled an order that I didnt know my CC blocked until they heard from me since it was like $1000.00 (they thought it was stolen) lol.  But after figuring it out and letting them know they "updated" my acct and I was able to buy away.  SO if you had anything similar w/ cancelling and order or your CC company wanting verification that YOU are making the large purchase, this might be the same issue.  If it is just talk to support about it.

I do know that some CC have a "starter" amount for ppl that is their daily cap.  Maybe you should ask about it if you think this is the issue. Citi knows i would freak out if i couldn't spend at least $500 on my own so I made sure yrs ago it was a bit higher. LOL   Hope this helps.
  • Sinstalker21Sinstalker21 Posts: 253 Poster of the Week
    Anyone know WHEN this month we are supposed to be getting the update for the touch??

http://uploadvr.com/oculus-promises-tracking-improvements-touch-january-update/
  • madmike3691madmike3691 Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    My laptop has three USB 3.0 ports and one USB 3.1 port. I have not been able to get my three sensor system working. I have tried every combination. Either my sensor gets and error or the rift gets the error. Especially when I plug into the 3.1 port.
  • YoLolo69YoLolo69 Posts: 1,110
    Wintermute
    @madmike3691 Did you try to use an USB 2.0 extension cable (even short) for one of your sensors or the Rift to lower bandwidth? Rift on USB2.0 work fine for me, and one sensor on the third on USB 2.0 is recommended.

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 3770K OC 4.6GHz, GTX1080 OC 10%, 16GB DDR3 2448  OC, Oculus Rift CV1

• MahtavavarvasMahtavavarvas Posts: 75
    Hiro Protagonist
    I have problem when using 3 sensors, when setting them up I am able to connect both touch controllers, all sensors get OK, but when I get to the part where I need to stand in center of my play area and hold touch controller at eye level and press trigger, it always says something along the lines of controller not detected. If I skip that part and go to next part where I need to put the headset on, I can see all 3 sensors in VR and both controllers, I do however have some stuttering with both controllers and from time to time with my headset as well
    When you are up to that step, be sure that all sensors can see the controller.
  • flexy123flexy123 Posts: 791
    3Jane
    edited January 2017
    Is there ANY way, ever, to get Dead & Buried, Quill and Medium if someone has bought Touch from someone else? I got my pre-order stuff (The Unspoken, VR Sports). The Unspoken is actually very nice but I am pissed that the other 3 games are "locked" to the account who initially installed Touch. The guy who sold me his Touch obviously won't benefit from these, he sold his Rift. And I could actually use Medium since I heard people make Avatars with it so it could be of use for me. Just wondering.
  • nalex66nalex66 Posts: 4,375 Valuable Player
    I don't think Oculus will give them for free on a second-hand purchase, and library content is non-transferable, but there is a way to get them if you really want them... they're available for purchase from the Oculus Store.

I know, not the answer you wanted to hear.
    i7 5820K @ 4.25 GHz | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 | Corsair DDR4 3000 32 GB | Corsair HX 750W
    Corsair Hydro H100i | Samsung SSDs: 860 Evo 1 TB, 850 Evo 1 TB, 840 Evo 1 TB | Seagate BarraCuda HDD 3 TB
  • madmike3691madmike3691 Posts: 8
    NerveGear
    YoLolo69 said:
    @madmike3691 Did you try to use an USB 2.0 extension cable (even short) for one of your sensors or the Rift to lower bandwidth? Rift on USB2.0 work fine for me, and one sensor on the third on USB 2.0 is recommended.
    Tried that. Rift gives an error and says to update driver, which I did.

• Phantom88Phantom88 Posts: 3
    NerveGear
    Can u play Project Cars with touch instead of steering wheel?
  • WarblokeWarbloke Posts: 931
    3Jane
    What a funny idea.  Who needs a steering wheel or a HOTAS.  Soon we will just grip a hold of the in game Steering wheels and Throttles etc and when we move, we will move the in game 'controller'.
    "You can't believe everything you read on the Internet " :- Abraham Lincoln