cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P3nT's sketchbook

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Figured I'm hardly qualified for the "First Sculpts" thread any more and, tbh, I kinda like that being for first sculpts so I figured I might as well make my own sketchbook vanity thread like they seem to do everywhere else that 3d modelling and forums collide.

I'll post my crap in here. You guys can look at it and chuckle and hopefully start your own thread so's I don't feel like I'm the only attention whore in the place!

as4uv65urvj7.jpg

o0vb8h3zl0we.jpg

uvpzyuic3ltu.jpg

oam6w68jl539.jpg

835 REPLIES 835

Roaster
Rising Star
out
i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
7n71usvy3mym.jpg

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
So I made up a custom stamp with a big, ropey stitch, holding flesh together on one side and on the other side a staple, again holding flesh together. Here's a quick test. 
3bhv5dhi66tv.gif 

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
cxm8dvi48zfh.jpg

akzycom7lnn2.jpg

nalex66
MVP
MVP
You're making nice progress with your face anatomy.

Edit: Weird, the forum auto-censored the more correct mode of the word face in the above sentence (fac-ial anatomy)... I didn't know we had an auto-censor, must be new.

DK2, CV1, Go, Quest, Quest 2, Quest 3.

Try my game: Cyclops Island Demo

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
@nalex66 Thanks, man. Most of my progress is down to Medium. It's just so bloody fast and smooth and I can see what I'm doing. I've done six months worth of practice in the last couple of weeks. 

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Bit more wip on Smeagol. Redid the lower jaw (less pointy chin), thinned out a lot of the features. Story is I hate ears. I suck at them (even more so than I suck at everything else) so I always leave them to last. So I'd only done the one ear on this cos I was working to a single photo ref. I was doing the ear last so I'd already turned off symmetry long ago and I forgot to turn it back on. Later on I went back and redid bits of the ear in more detail and this time symmetry was back on (I jump back and forth a bit, on if it's a big change or off for detailing) So I ended up with a ghost skeleton ear or something. I'm calling this one Van Gollum.

vf6pf8k2v4rl.gif

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Hardly been near Medium today. Did a retopo and bake on Gollum. Diffuse is straight out of medium which suits me cos Blender polypainting does my head in. My diffuse map has a big ugly join down the middle, cos I had to hack the Medium output in half to get symmetry back and I've no idea how to join them back up. I'll paint it out in photoshop anyway. Blender old fashioned render cos cycles scares the bejeezus out of me. Next stop UE4...

1y4pfhpy8iiw.jpg

P3nT4gR4m
Consultant
Calling this one "Recess" The zombies weren't meant to be little kid zombies but I arsed up the proportions so there you go. Idea popped into my head and I scribbled down a quick piece of concept art. I suck at concept art

op6jnsij202e.jpg
luckily for me I suck slightly less in Medium

88br89ash65d.jpg
oxch2yoieb4w.jpg3fcf4lp4fm58.jpg
ain7dvj910eg.gif