cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Get Logs For Bug Reports for Consumer Rift (1.3+)

cybereality
Grand Champion
If you are experiencing issues either installing or using the consumer Rift hardware or software package (1.3 or newer), then please be sure to provide the following logs when reporting the issue.

If your issue is with the setup installer, either having errors or not completing, do these steps.

Open a File Explorer window and paste this in the URL field:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Oculus\
Then look for "OculusSetup.log" and upload it to your post. Please do *not* just copy/paste the text into the post area, as this becomes difficult to read. This folder may be hidden. Make sure you go into the Folder Options and choose Show Hidden Files and Folders first.

If you are having any other sort of problem after the installation, do the following.

Run "OculusLogGatherer.exe" by double-clicking the icon after navigating to this folder:
C:\Program Files\Oculus\Support\oculus-diagnostics
and upload the zip file to your post.

Thanks.
AMD Ryzen 7 1800X | MSI X370 Titanium | G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200 | EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 | Corsair Hydro H110i Gigabyte RX Vega 64 x2 | Samsung 960 Evo M.2 500GB | Seagate FireCuda SSHD 2TB | Phanteks ENTHOO EVOLV
202 REPLIES 202

Sorith
Explorer
@cybereality Hand controllers seem to be tracking fine unlike everyone else my headset is seeming to be what jitters. Tries to move the area then goes back to a normal state. Tried most common resolutions and no luck. 3 sensors seems to have brought up this issue. Attached is the logs. Please help thanks:( 

chenjf
Explorer
How do I know that the logs are all gathered?  Where does the logs gets zipped up to?
I ask as it seems to be stuck after "Gathering Event Logs... Done" as the window sits there.  I even tried running the OculusLogGatherer.exe with Admin rights.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I get warning on all units (HMD, 2 sensors) and it will start to flicker during use due to sporadic "poor tracking quality" issue. My unit used to work flawlessly but it began to build up this crippling flickers recently.
Please help.

Inateck Superspeed 4 Ports PCI-E

bkrieger
Explorer
My left lense is constantly going black, and sometimes both lenses go black. Mostly during sports challenge.

bkrieger
Explorer
Here are the rest of my logs 

mcfil
Honored Guest
I have a message-general device problem. no image in the headset. the lamp is lit in yellow

Stuntmonkee
Honored Guest
Anitivirus blocking install, but I have disabled all antivirus, firewalls etc.

System specs and Log posted below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Processor

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4702HQ CPU @ 2.20GHz

Video Card

NVIDIA Quadro K1100M

Video Card #2

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600

RAM

16 GB

Operating System

Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional Edition (build 9600), 64-bit

Avail HD Space
315 GB

Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.18538

Chrome 0.0

Firefox 50.1.0

Safari

Java

Flash 24.0.0.186

DirectX 11.0

.NET 4.5.2

QuickTime

Adobe PDF Reader

Toplsvette
Honored Guest
What good does it to make a log file and send it to you when you dont reply anyway... Waste of time and money on these rifts when you dont even try to fix things that are broke

zocky
Explorer
So macht das echt keine Spass mehr!!! Immer wieder HDMI disconnect. Habe extra das System neu aufgesetzt und alles frisch Installiert. Verstehe das nicht mehr liegt es an Windows 10 oder an der Rift? Mit dem DK2  gab es sowas nicht. Sorry aber bin echt genervt.

andyfang
Explorer

What good does it to make a log file and send it to you when you dont reply anyway... Waste of time and money on these rifts when you dont even try to fix things that are broke

I haven't heard from support for 2 weeks now. How do they get away with this?