cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Right Controller losing tracking

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've started to notice my right touch controller losing tracking. I'm not sure what triggers it exactly, but jumping into dead and buried might be one of them (or could be coincidence). 

The only way I can solve the issue is to restart Oculus home or take the battery out of the controller and put it back in.
56 REPLIES 56

n3cr0-0
Adventurer
ummm could be a few things and maybe someone else could chime in; if it was me I would go through the following: Maybe a dead batt(replace batteries) could be the sensors were moved (redo the set up for sensor tracking and gaurdian system, Could be the sensors are in a bad spot (reaching were the sensors cannot see will do this to mine as well)

I am hoping that adding a 3rd sensor will promote rock solid tracking but this is all theory for me atm. Sorry if I am pointing out what you already had tried but this is pretty much the limits of my help (hope I was somewhat helpful) wish ya luck!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks. The sensors can easily see the controller, I'm in the centre of the play space. Battery is full. I'll try doing the setup again and see what happens.. I wasn't aware that there'd be an issue if the sensor had been moved a little.. as long as it is still at the same height? 

n3cr0-0
Adventurer
Not sure I have pets so they constantly brush up on my sensors, I literally do that setup at least once a day.

Myrskalle
Protege
Yeah, Oculus needs to get a fix for this out ASAP, and also freaking communicate with us. A short post in the forums isn't enough. Make a statement that you are aware of this issue, and tell us WHEN can we expect a fix approximately and WHAT is causing it. Many people are suffering from this and it makes the Touch completely useless.

I can play for about ten minutes before this crap starts to occur. I take out the battery and put it back in, whereupon I can play for perhaps another five minutes if I'm lucky. In other words, my brand new Touch is completely unusable, and I'm baffled this got through testing considering the many (!) people who are experiencing this issue.

"Judge us on our Touch release" – it's your funeral.

n3cr0-0
Adventurer
Wow mine isn't that frequent, I didn't realize this was that big of an issue. Thanks for the information; Does that mean that rock solid tracking with 2 sensors might be possible after this fix they are working on?

YoLolo69
Trustee
I'm not impacted and don't think I'm the only one so rock solid tracking with 2 face front sensors is definitively a possibility 😉

“Dreams feel real while we are in them, it's only when we wake up that we realize something was strange.” - Dom Cobb

"Be careful, if you are killed in real life you die in VR too." - TD_4242

I7 10700K,  RTX 3070, 32GB DDR4 3200Mhz, Oculus Rift CV1

Myrskalle
Protege
Yeah, before the issue occurs I have great tracking with only a few occlusion problems when going in the far corners or covering one controller with the other. I'll get a third sensor as soon as Amazon starts selling them, but I would be perfectly fine with two as long as Oculus fixes this damn issue.

Edit: I'm doing experimental 360 tracking (yes, the drifting occurs when doing 180 as well).

Anonymous
Not applicable
I went through did the sensor setup again and it seems to have resolved the problem for now. Had quite a few games of dead and buried, went into rec room, played unspoken, and then back into dead and buried.

Tracking was great throughout! Hopefully it'll continue to be so. 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
I loaded up dead and buried again today after a while, perhaps 30 + minutes, my controller  started to float away from me and tracking had degraded a lot. I resolved it by taking out the battery for a few seconds... 

Is this likely to be a software issue?