cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post Your First Medium Sculpts!

Anonymous
Not applicable
I will get this going! 

Just went through the tutorial, the UI is sooo easy to use, picked it up right away. I do have experience with 3D in Maya but still!

Here is my first sculpt, took me about an hour to do 🙂 

s4bcf0vpu9h3.jpg
772 REPLIES 772

P.Rodi
Protege
Hi everyone Oculus Medium inspired me to start doing some 3d models. I just Love it!
This is my second sculpture in Oculus Medium I wanted to make as fast as possible golem, so I set up timer to 10 minutes and this is what I made! 
My 3d skills started with Oculus Medium, before I just only liked to watch how people sculpt , but never done it before by myself 
ps. (I used gimp to make it brighter to let you see all details)n7f7tnta443k.png

Mapes
Protege

Created an alien with some emissive eyes and tested the metallic shader.obgkk7kppuet.png
beykyagqyo2x.jpg

Mapes
Protege
A pumpkin for testing spec.2gkxven9gttr.png

Mapes
Protege
Started this Banana from an arched cube used deflate to shape the ends and inflate to fill out the sides.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Mapes said:

A pumpkin for testing spec.

No image appears - trying to open the image in a new tab, slack.com asks for a login 😞

Mapes
Protege

AndyW1384 said:

No image appears - trying to open the image in a new tab, slack.com asks for a login 😞

Thanks for bringing to my attention updated images from my original captures.

Grail
Honored Guest
Still a work in progress... What does the Share button do?

qncvqxpsrp27.png

Roaster
Rising Star
The share button starts the upload process to the Medium web site. You get a page of all your uploads like a gallery.  The share thing automatically opens a browser to the artist page where you set permissions to see and allow download of assets.
There is no button there to see other galleries yet, so it's a work in progress.
Try my page to see if you can see my stuff, cause I don't know if it works for others.
https://www.oculus.com/medium/artists/roaster/
i7-5820K @ 4.2Ghz, water cooled, Asus X99-Pro USB 3.1, 48 Gb DDR4 2400, Samsung 950 pro M.2 SSD, GTX 980 Ti SC, 750w psu

Amphetamine
Adventurer
Well, I had my 1st attempt at doing something proper with medium last night after tutorials. Took several hours and has turned out ok I think. Started out with the idea to make a cartoony robot and have ended up with a very toy-ish mecha.

y2u0y8yd0bqn.png

8y0v6br1j268.png

9mm3jlku08va.png

I was a little worried about bumping the resolution too high after reading people's comments about Medium, however When I took the HMD off to post these it turns out I still have 19GB RAM free so I'll have to experiment with much higher resolutions.

😄

Warbloke
Superstar

This took me less than 2 minutes to make:

mwd4tws1ppu2.jpg

"You can't believe everything you read on the Internet " :- Abraham Lincoln